Amazon vs tacklewarehouse vs cabelas

jcat
Angler
Angler

Amazon vs tacklewarehouse vs cabelas

Post by jcat » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:14 am

Retiring soon and plan to buy a humminbird 898. Has anyone bought a locator from amazon ?
I would pay no tax or freight from tackle warehouse or amazon. Also, some of the vendors on amazon sell for less than list price.
I have always purchased from bass pro and cabelas, but the savings would be significant. Tax is 8%.
Your thoughts appreciated. John

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Amazon vs tacklewarehouse vs cabelas

Post by USA-RET » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:44 am

With the economy being what it is, I'm squeezing my nickels a little harder than before.

If I know what I want (as in your case Humminbird 898), and I can save 8% tax and shave something off the retail price, I normally buy online.

To answer your question....No, I haven't bought a locator from Amazon, but certainly wouldn't hesitate if I found what I want at the right price.

Amazon has a good return policy (not that you're going to need to return it unless it is broken in transport) as does Tackle Warehouse (a great company and a TT Supporter <hint hint>).

Be careful with Amazon as some retailers will sell refurbished items at deep discount..but they will be identified as such somewhere in the description.

You can often, at times, save up to 20% using the sales coupons offered by Tackle Warehouse (there is one in effect now as I re-call for10%), which usually beats Amazon retailers.

I still buy from BPS and Cabelas if there is a sale, it's something I need right now, or exclusive to them.

As with all things, there is the chance of something going wrong with online orders, wrong item shipped, manufacturing flaw, mis-delivery, etc., compared to walking into a store and walking out with your item. It's been my experience that these issues are few and far between.

Ultimately, make the choice you are most comfortable with.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bstuckey » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:35 am

I have 2 Cabela's within 40 miles of my house and I would only recommend purchasing there if the have a huge discount on the 898. Tackle Warehouse has become my go to supplier the past couple of years. Free shipping, no sales tax, great customer service, extensive selection, products that Cabela's doesn't or refuses to carry and regular sales have garnered my loyalty to tackle Warehouse.

georgeweeber
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by georgeweeber » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:07 am

you cant beat tackle warehouse. If you were to have a problem they would stand behind their product.

nycgrip
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by nycgrip » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:58 pm

plug the model number into google, ive been able to save significantly on finders, from smaller unknown outfits

zmanlane
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by zmanlane » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:15 pm

If money is no object, then tackle warehouse. Tey have the best service and if anything goes wrong, they will replace it.

stratos20
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stratos20 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:11 am

tacklewarehouse is the bomb!
Fish on!

5bites
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 5bites » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:58 am

Tacklewarehouse.com They will price match. Sending you a pm.

rakuin79
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rakuin79 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:42 pm

TW for anything fishing. best site on the web for anything fishing in the US. Amazon...pretty much for everything else lol

chasenbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by chasenbass » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:33 pm

I have had real good luck with Cabelas in the past. There pretty good about pricing and customer service can be excellent most of the time! =D>

Have fun with the new unit!

mattfish11
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mattfish11 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Definitely Tacklewarehouse!!! they are GREAT people to work with!! =D>

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:46 pm

Tackle Warehouse will stand behind the products they sell. This summer I purchased an on board charger that had a short in the wiring and kept blowing fuses. I called and spoke with a real person. TW sent me a shipping label so I was not out any money. Add that to the free shipping and no tax outside of CA and they are hard to beat.