Question on boca bearings in A Revo S and Lews speed spool

ls1chris
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Question on boca bearings in A Revo S and Lews speed spool

Post by ls1chris » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:36 pm

Well i have been kicking around the idea of putting some new bearings in my reels as i am always looking for a way to increase my fishing enjoyment .But i had a few question's

On boy of the Revo s and Lews speed spool i noticed they had 3 bearings one on the side plate ,one on the spool shaft and one under the tension knob.But i notice a lot of people only change the prior 2 and not the one under the tension knob .Any reason for this?Or should it be changed also

Also i am still unsure on which grade bearing to try ,was thinking the Abec5 lightning for the price and to see if i like them first.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Question on boca bearings in A Revo S and Lews speed spo

Post by Nitroman77 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:16 am

You will want to change out all 3 bearings to have maximum performance..
The spool pin still goes through the tension knob at the tip of the pin..
The Boca abec 5s are GREAT bearings for the money, but the orange seal 7s are going to be a better bearing overall.. 8-)
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

ls1chris
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by ls1chris » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:56 am

Thank you nitro man for the quick Response .one more question i was browsing the boca site and noticed they Only had packs of 2 bearings.They would not happen to have any kits with 3 bearings in them would they that i may have overlooked.As the only way i seen was to purchase 2 packs of bearings and have one left over .Just asking as i am a little tight at the moment since the purchase of my boat

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by e_bassfisher » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:18 pm

ls1chris wrote:......one more question i was browsing the boca site and noticed they Only had packs of 2 bearings.They would not happen to have any kits with 3 bearings in them would they that i may have overlooked.As the only way i seen was to purchase 2 packs of bearings and have one left over .Just asking as i am a little tight at the moment since the purchase of my boat
the bearing under the tension cap does NOTHING during the cast! the two bearing kit is fine.

GGC80
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by GGC80 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:22 pm

I had the same questions, I sent Boca an email and they explained me what to do, I will get some bearings for a Lews as well, I recommend you to contact them.
larry@bocabearings.com

Regards

bocabearingslarry
Angler
Angler

Post by bocabearingslarry » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:54 am

Nitroman is right on target, any questions you can contact me. My email address is above.