Bearing louder than usual

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Bearing louder than usual

Post by njbasscat » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:37 am

I just bought 3 sets of spool bearings for my Curado E5's. I removed the seals and soaked the bearings for 24 hrs in acetone. I dried them for 24 hours. One of the bearings would not spin like the other 5. I soaked this bearing again and dried bearing but it still would not spin like the other five. I put one drop of lightning lube on all the bearings and installed them in my Curados with the seals off. I used all three reels on Saturday and noticed the reel with the bearing that didn't spin as well was louder than the other two reels. Will this bearing break in or should I replace it. The casting distance is good but it is much louder.

SBKsweet
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Bearing louder than usual

Post by SBKsweet » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Whatever came of that bearing? Im having the samething as you. I have one bearing that don't spin at all and when it's in the reel it's really loud.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Fri May 04, 2012 3:55 pm

It casts well but it's louder than the others. I am using it since it has not effected my casting distance.

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Tue May 08, 2012 1:24 pm

same here. i just installed a set of abec7 ss on my pluton. they wouldnt spin so well from the beginning, removed the seals, flushed, dried and spun it around, lubed it. spins okay but noisey and not as fast as abec7 os i have on other reels. i just took it out to a park lake and tested it. it casts well, but still noisey than others. im going to use it for couple more times then flush it again and see how they do.

alex09
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by alex09 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:10 am

Ceramic bearings are really noisier compared to regular metal bearings.