challenger bass boat?

fishnguy
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

challenger bass boat?

Post by fishnguy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:39 pm

there is a challenger bass boat for sale in town here for $7,500. i think its a 99 model with a 115hp mercury efi engine. is this a good deal? it looks really good. do any of yal here have one or have ridden in one? how do they ride. thanks for the help.

kbookert
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: challenger bass boat?

Post by kbookert » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:48 pm

You can look up boat values here:

http://www.nadaguides.com/MarineHome.as ... 0&wPg=2004&

$7,500 is not a bad price IMO, you want to get out on the water with it to see how the engine runs before you buy.
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:13 pm

Kb is right. Always a good idea to actually spend a day on the water with the owner. Arrange to go fishing so you can see how every part of the boat works including: Electronics, trolling motor, livewell pumps, bilge.

fishnguy
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishnguy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:40 pm

thanks for the help. i guess i will do what yal said and try to get out there and test it out. sorry i didn't see the watercraft section of the forum or i would've put it here. thanks again for the help.

Shimanoman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Shimanoman » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:47 pm

fishnguy;- Are you a previous boater?? If not, might I suggest that you take a boat savvy friend when you go to check it out?? There are a lot of things which you might overlook,especially on a first purchase. Remember, in the used boat, as in the used car business it's Caveat Emptor. Regards,-Shimanoman

fishnguy
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishnguy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:32 pm

this will be my first boat. i have a cousin who bass fishes in tournaments and is out on the water all the time. i guess i will take him with me to look at the boat. thanks for mentioning this because i didn't think about it.

Shimanoman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Shimanoman » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:08 pm

fishnguy;-Good plan. To your cousin, it will all be old hat. He should know all the right questions to ask. Sometimes when we try out something new on our own we get blinded to any faults/potential problems by our own desires/wants. I'm sure your cousin will have your best intrests at heart and the knowledge to say"don't do it" if it could hurt you financially.Good luck. Regards,-Shimanoman

fishnguy
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishnguy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:10 pm

thanks shimanoman. i'm going to ask him next time i see him. he's usually in town here on sundays and we'l run down to the place to check it out.

kbookert
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by kbookert » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:51 am

Zander wrote:Kb is right. Always a good idea to actually spend a day on the water with the owner. Arrange to go fishing so you can see how every part of the boat works including: Electronics, trolling motor, livewell pumps, bilge.

Zander, where were you when I was a non-boater! What a great idea. Each time you want to go fishing, you look in the for sale paper, find a boat and arrange for the owner to take you out for the day to "test' the boat out. Man, you could do that anywhere! Going to Florida on business, look in thier paper, set it up and get a free fishing trip! :lol: Why the heck did I ever buy a boat? I should put mine up for sale, but, wait, then some guy will want me to take it out for a "test" =))))
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.