Crestliner Fishhawk 1750

11kalnmitc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Crestliner Fishhawk 1750

Post by 11kalnmitc » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:27 am

So for the last year and a half I've been fishing from a highly modified 12' deep V that I bought. However a great deal through some friends just made itself available to me on a 1997 Crestliner Fishhawk 1750 SC. So I jumped on it, while it already has a trolling motor and graphs they need replaced. Looking for budget replacements but want new. I was thinking a Motorguide X3 70lb. thrust 50" shaft trolling motor and 2 Humminbird Helix9 units so I can network them. I won't be picking up the boat and everything till next spring but I need to get my ducks in a row so I can have the needed parts and replacements by then, looking for input from you guys. Also it needs a new outboard, it is rated for a 115hp but i was thinking more along the lines of a used 90hp Honda or Suzuki in the 2003-2006 age range. Thoughts on outboards to avoid or keep an eye out for in this range would be greatly apprecited as well! Thanks!

toporanger
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Crestliner Fishhawk 1750

Post by toporanger » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:24 pm

I currently run a 2003 Fishhawk 1750 with a honda 115. I believe my boat is actually rated for a 135 not 115 though. I run a 899 with a 859 but I would have the helix models if they had been out when I bought these models. I had to get a network hub as I have them all connected to a terrova 80 60" shaft, you wont need the hub with only 2 units. You will need two map cards if you wish to have contours on both units though. BBG Marine seems to be the best deal online for new units and trolling motors, give them a call it will be worth your time.

With my 115 I consistently get right at 39-40 mph, but I have seen 45 on my gps when conditions were perfect and I was low on gas. Check the honda weight before you buy it if its like my 115 its a PIG. It is a great reliable motor that sips gas and is quiet but I believe its 100 lbs heavier then the next lightest motor in its class.

Overall a great multi species boat, but I will be looking to sell mine before next summer to fund a new boat as the deep v limits me a bit in my area due to shallower launches and smaller bodies of water. I think you will really enjoy the model. If you have any specific questions let me know.

11kalnmitc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Crestliner Fishhawk 1750

Post by 11kalnmitc » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:01 am

I appreciate your post, I'll probably get in touch when my time of purchase gets a little closer :D