Big move in the bass boat world.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Big move in the bass boat world.

Post by JWR075 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:48 am

Not only is Ranger, Stratos, and Triton owned by Nitro but now Basscat has been sold.

KlingerNOK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Big move in the bass boat world.

Post by KlingerNOK » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:06 am

Unbelieveable! If it was posted a few days later, I'd have thought it was an April Fools joke.
I really figured they would have stayed a family owned company as long as Rick Pierce was around.
Be curious as to the reason behind it. The news story had a pretty generic statement from Rick.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:47 pm

I was kind of "shocked" since reading random statements about how BC would always remain a privately owned family business. But we all know money talks.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Being a Basscat owner, I am not happy hearing this news. They sold to a reputable boat company that is also known for their great service so who knows what effect this will have. There will be stock holders involved though and with every company I worked for that merged with another, when stock holders get involved, it usually went down hill in a few years.

Giqqo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Giqqo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:05 am

who was it sold too?

RazorCat
Angler
Angler

Post by RazorCat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:27 am

Correct Craft bought BassCat. I haven't seen any negatives to the move so far. Rick Pierce is still in charge of day-to-day operations to my knowledge. And now the BassCat brand can live on for many years. The Pierce family built one of the best brands of bass boats in existence. I don't know why Correct Craft would want to change a thing.
The BassCat quality and customer service is still as stellar as always.

bpettus2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bpettus2 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:59 pm

So bullet and Phoenix are the last privately owned boat companies

skintimate
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by skintimate » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:15 pm

bpettus2 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:59 pm
Gambler molds and rights were recently purchased by a family in SC. So not the only ones. There are also a few "handmade" bass boat brands out there like Ballistic.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:13 am

Reilly wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:59 am
skintimate wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:15 pm
bpettus2 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:59 pm
Gambler molds and rights were recently purchased by a family in SC. So not the only ones. There are also a few "handmade" bass boat brands out there like Ballistic.
Ballistic is the best for sure. How about Ranger?
Ranger is owned by Johnny Morris.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:43 pm

I’ve fiddled around with the idea of selling my boat.
I haven’t used it much and after buying it new I recently found out that my HB units aren’t serviceable any longer. At the price that I bought my little TR-196 new I don’t see anything out there around that price.
I was having a discussion with my wife a about how guys always want to know who has the largest deck, fastest boat and gets on plane the fastest or simply don’t want anyone else up front with them. I’m completely the opposite.
If you fish with me I’d gladly put you upfront and you can have that trolling motor all day. Don’t care about speed they all sink at the same rate and getting on plane never triggered a bass to bite.

I read once that ranger sells more used boats than new but if I were to do it again I’d love that legend black diamond edition or a falcon boat. Falcon because of how intuitive it seems to be. There seems to be a lot of movement in the bass boat industry but I think the biggest move is the soaring prices. 77-80K is insane to me in my little world. A guy recently said to me that we are no longer living towards our needs but living towards our wants because we have all the basic needs. I can see that at times. I hope that the bass boat industry takes a move in a different direction with the prices no matter who has the monopoly
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:14 am

goldrod wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:43 pm
I’ve fiddled around with the idea of selling my boat.
I haven’t used it much and after buying it new I recently found out that my HB units aren’t serviceable any longer. At the price that I bought my little TR-196 new I don’t see anything out there around that price.
I was having a discussion with my wife a about how guys always want to know who has the largest deck, fastest boat and gets on plane the fastest or simply don’t want anyone else up front with them. I’m completely the opposite.
If you fish with me I’d gladly put you upfront and you can have that trolling motor all day. Don’t care about speed they all sink at the same rate and getting on plane never triggered a bass to bite.

I read once that ranger sells more used boats than new but if I were to do it again I’d love that legend black diamond edition or a falcon boat. Falcon because of how intuitive it seems to be. There seems to be a lot of movement in the bass boat industry but I think the biggest move is the soaring prices. 77-80K is insane to me in my little world. A guy recently said to me that we are no longer living towards our needs but living towards our wants because we have all the basic needs. I can see that at times. I hope that the bass boat industry takes a move in a different direction with the prices no matter who has the monopoly
The new hulls haven't gone up much in price relative to inflation. It is all of the things/wants put on it that have gone up. More expensive electronics, Power Poles, trailer upgrages, and bigger more expensive motors have driven the average boat price up. You can still buy a boat with limited features that is low powered for a reasonable price, but your baller status will be limited also! :lol:

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:39 pm

When my current boat's motor takes a dump, I'll be forced to decide whether to repower with a new 4 stroke, or buy a used boat with a 4 stroke. I would never be able to afford $75K for a bass boat, and I don't think I'd spend like that even if I could afford it.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:26 pm

mark poulson wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:39 pm
When my current boat's motor takes a dump, I'll be forced to decide whether to repower with a new 4 stroke, or buy a used boat with a 4 stroke. I would never be able to afford $75K for a bass boat, and I don't think I'd spend like that even if I could afford it.
I’m with you. Just because I can doesn’t mean I will.

TODDMC,
you bring up a good point about new materials and new technologies in bass boats. New depth finders and GPS. Sidescan , 360 scan new seats and bigger engines. I saw a 350 mercury on a boat and I will be honest , nobody else heard the voice but me and it knew my name and called me for three weeks
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:37 am

goldrod wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:26 pm
mark poulson wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:39 pm
I’m with you. Just because I can doesn’t mean I will.

TODDMC,
you bring up a good point about new materials and new technologies in bass boats. New depth finders and GPS. Sidescan , 360 scan new seats and bigger engines. I saw a 350 mercury on a boat and I will be honest , nobody else heard the voice but me and it knew my name and called me for three weeks
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I heard those boats come with a fuel barge, standard equipment.