Anyone have a Mokai?

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Anyone have a Mokai?

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:12 pm

A bit pricey maybe for what it is, but it does have a 4 stroke Subaru engine..gotta say they have piqued my curiosity, does anyone out there have any experience with one of these?
http://www.mokai.com/

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Anyone have a Mokai?

Post by BigG » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:08 pm

Cool, not so sure price is to high considering what it does. Needs some kind of seat that would raise about a foot or a lend bar like river style boat have, if you could fish standing up.

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Looks like a low budget jet ski. I would think that for fishing purposes an electric motor would work a lot better. I had the same kind of plan puting a ski motor in a jon and creating a jet jon.

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:05 pm

Big G,I have seen a good number of after market accessories for these, got to e a stand up assist bar out there I would think...Angry,I believe these are made for the longer, rougher haul, river expedition type of stuff...their info says it can travel a good 100 miles on a tank of fuel, and the shallow water and obstacle avoidance advantages of a jet boat design make this a pretty unique craft, IMO....what I don't know, is how these are steered...that's the main reason I was hoping someone here at TT had one, I need to dig deeper I reckon...