Tracker Boats

OX
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Tracker Boats

Post by OX » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:39 am

Any opinions out there as to the best tracker boat, dollar for dollar? I'm thinking of something in the $10k to $13k range....

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tracker Boats

Post by Cal » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:11 am

OX,

Depending on your needs, that panfish special is a nice looking little boat. Simple, but effective and just a tad more versatile than a full bass rig. Great if you have kids because of the sunken deck.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

OX
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by OX » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:35 am

No kids yet, but I do have a nephew who will be just about the right age by the time I get it, and the wife will probably want to coma along as well. I need something sturdy though as I'm a pretty big guy and my wife isn't exactly a featherweight either

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:50 am

I have a Deep V SC17 (75 hp Merc) that I really like. It handles rough water very well and is convenient to fish out of. The only real complaint is that (with the high edges) it can be hard to handle in wind with the trolling motor. Very stable, big feeling boat. Does about 36mph with the 75hp Merc. Can be a problem driving it on to the trailer...might want to invest in a set of trailer guides if you're trying to load it alone.
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

OX
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by OX » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:05 am

I have had my eye on the Tracker Super Guide V16 DLX-T model..... The lakes where I fish do not allow gas powered motors, so I was just going to get an electronic trolling motor with a higher thrust rating and put the stock motor on a shelf in the garage for now.... The boat lists for about $8k complete with the trailer, motor and boat but I would be willing to spend a little more

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:20 am

Check the lake regs... sometimes they do not allow the "use" of gas motors. You can have one on the back of your boat trimmed up but just don't crank it. I'm not sure, but it's about two cents worth of thought... :wink:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

spoonplugger1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by spoonplugger1 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:53 pm

I have more hard luck stories about Tracker boats that any other boat I know of, but then there are a lot of them out there that can go wrong and rack up some numbers. Mostly leaks and cracks. The wood decks don't seem to hold well also. I'd look at Fisher and others.

OX
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by OX » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:33 am

I went to the Fisher web site and it looks EXACTLY the same as the Tracker site...... could these be the exact same manufacturer just slapping different names on the sides of the boat?

jagrrich
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jagrrich » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:27 pm

Yes in fact Tracker does have a hand in the Fisher boats.

dustlane
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by dustlane » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:08 pm

I have a Pro Team 175 that I got for Christmas. I love it. No problems to speak of so far. I did have to have the healm and steering cable replaced (warranty). But I believe that is due to it sitting on the lot out in the elements before I bought it. The first time they only replaced the healm and it was still way to hard to steer for a 50hp. I just got it back yesterday with a new healm and steering cable and it drives better than it ever has. The only other problem I have had was my bilge pump cracked some how. It was also fixed under warranty. It is my second Tracker. The first one never gave me any trouble either. I think for the money it is hard to beat them. Besides, when my boys get a little older I am getting a bigger fiberglass boat so I only need it to get me through 3-4 years before it gets sold. Overall I am very pleased.

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by karirick » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:51 pm

It's been a decade does anyone feel Tracker quality has improved enough to consider them for a long term major purchase? The Targa18 combo on paper is the best value, especially with the standard tandem axle trailer it now comes with.

Rick

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:14 pm

Cal wrote:OX,

Depending on your needs, that panfish special is a nice looking little boat. Simple, but effective and just a tad more versatile than a full bass rig. Great if you have kids because of the sunken deck.
I'm interested in the panfish model, but don't want a motor over 15 horses. Want it for small lakes and ponds. Maybe some crappie fishing on Guntersville close to the house, ideal to shoot jigs under docks. Guess I should just ask Pro Bass about a smaller engine.

a1712
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by a1712 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:15 am

Few of the guys have that exact boat w/a 9.9hp. on it to fish our 10hp. max lakes. They swear by them and they're a great little boat to fish out of. I personally have a Pro 170 and love it, big motor though. Brian.