thru hull fitting for ranger boats question??

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

thru hull fitting for ranger boats question??

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:08 am

I have an older 1983 Ranger 330v and the overflow thru hull fitting broke off and was leaking water through it like crazy. It is the bigger hole in the back of the boat in which this fitting goes into and it is 1 1/4 inches with 1 1/8 inch inside diameter of the hose. That's not a problem to find but I'm having troubles finding a fitting with threads that are long enough to put the nut on after the fitting goes from the outside of the boat to the inside of the boat. I noticed while I was putting the fitting in through the outside of the boat that it fits so tight and snug that I had to thread it in there all the way instead of it just sliding in there (it was really a tight fit to get it to thread in there and a pain in the butt). Being that it is in there so tightly what does everyone think about it staying in there and not leaking without the nut on there and tightened down? I put a bunch of silicone on the threads and on the outside of the boat before I tightened it all the way down. It's in there now and I have pushed on it, pulled on it moved it up and down and there is no play in it at all whatsoever. Just wanting some opinions from other boaters to see if you think it will seal and stay in there being that it is so tight? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.