TWC3 oil for 2 strokes

Want
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

TWC3 oil for 2 strokes

Post by Want » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:44 am

I just received my bill for rebuilding my 11 year old motor: $1973 Cdn (about $1850 American). The block had to be re-bored and new cylinders installed. The mechanic is up and up and I trust him; I was there for the pressure test, etc. etc.

Anyway, he said one of the major reasons my cylinders had to be replaced was that I wasn't using Mercury 2 stroke oil that contains additives that other manufacturers don't use (I used a 3rd party product made by a major oil company for the past 3 years.) Anyway, there goes my tackle money for this summer but the motor purrs again.

Anybody else heard this about 3rd party engine oils?

Shimanoman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: TWC3 oil for 2 strokes

Post by Shimanoman » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:59 pm

Haven't heard that. Did your motor guy say anything about voiding a warranty?? Also, what was the product you were using?? Did you contact the manufacturer?? What do they say?? Regards,- Shimanoman

Want
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Want » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:20 pm

Warranty no longer was in force.
Oil Products I used was PetroCanada (huge Cdn oil company .
Like Shimano, Daiwa, motor mfrs. will endorse/recommend only their own products.
Lesson learned I guess.
Anyway at 11 years old I guess things will go.

seasicknes
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by seasicknes » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:18 am

Your motor had carbon deposits in the cylinder.
On a two stroke motor, carbon deposits are the killer.
You must decarbon your motor once in a while and treat your gas or oil with additives.

Ken (170 montauk / 22 hydrasports wa)

kbookert
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by kbookert » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:00 pm

seasicknes wrote:Your motor had carbon deposits in the cylinder.
On a two stroke motor, carbon deposits are the killer.
You must decarbon your motor once in a while and treat your gas or oil with additives.

Ken (170 montauk / 22 hydrasports wa)
What types of additives do you use for carbon deposits?
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.

seasicknes
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by seasicknes » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:32 pm

ValvTect Carbon Free ValvTect Carbon free is specifically designed to prevent buildup of harmful carbon deposits caused by today's reformulated gasoline. These carbon deposits can cause ring sticking and engine failure in 2 and 4 cycle engines. One 12 oz. bottle treats 60 gallons of fuel.

Regular use of Carbon Free will:

Prevent carbon deposit build-up.
Prevent ring sticking.
Prevent piston seize-up.
Improve engine performance.
Prolong engine life.
........................................................................................................

OR

Star Tron® Enzyme Fuel Treatment is a revolutionary new fuel additive using enzyme technology to enhance the performance of boats, automobiles, trucks, RVs, tractors, farm equipment, generators, lawn mowers, lawn equipment, oil burning furnaces and all other small engines.

Dramatically Increases Fuel Economy

Star Tron® cleans the entire fuel delivery system, removing performance robbing gum and varnish deposits while modifying how gas and diesel burn, this results in more complete and uniform combustion and therefore better fuel economy.

Eliminates Black Soot and Exhaust Stains

With the removal of harmful engine deposits and an increase in combustion efficiency, exhaust emissions are greatly reduced. This results in cleaner air and cleaner boat transoms as black exhaust smoke is noticeably reduced.

Removes Carbon Build-Up

Carbon deposit formation is a byproduct of unburned fuel in the combustion process. Star Tron's enzymes will break down and disperse these deposits restoring engine performance as it also modifes the fuel to prevent future carbon deposits.

Disperses Bacteria & Algae

Commonly referred to as "diesel algae," these microbial spores will colonize in the water phase. Startron slowly disperses bacteria: the fungi, mold, and yeast, collectively known in the fuel industry as "diesel algae", allowing the fuel filtration system to function efficiently.

Stabilizes Gas & Diesel Fuels

Gas and diesel fuels break down rapidly which results in lost power and poor performance. Star Tron stabilizes the fuel chemistry for up to one year in gas and two years in diesel.

Eliminates & Prevents Ethanol Fuel Problems
Ethanol / E10 fuels increase the amounts of water and sludge in your fuel tank. Star Tron breaks down this excess water and sludge to sub-micron size allowing it to be safely burned away during normal engine operation. Therefore Star Tron prevents phase separation and fuel gelling, eliminiating ethanol fuel problems..

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

OR

Mercury / QuickSilver = Quickleen

OR

Yamaha = Ring free

You add any of these to the gas.

If you want a deep cleaning then you go with seafoam or decarb.

Ken
Last edited by seasicknes on Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Want » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:42 pm

THanks for the tips Ken.