Your watercraft

bitesize
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Your watercraft

Post by bitesize » Thu May 15, 2003 9:28 pm

What type of watercraft do you guys own?
Float tubes, boats, inflatables, kayaks, etc. used for fishing.
Anything that floats count. :wink: As long as you use it for fishing. :D

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Your watercraft

Post by Zander » Thu May 15, 2003 10:56 pm

Hi Bitesize,

Getting on the water sure is helpful when targeting big lakes, or fast moving species like stripers. I have watercrafts that I use on a regular basis.

1) The Bass Tracker 8, some of you will remember: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewbt8.shtm is my floating suitcase. Good with an electric motor for small lakes that don't allow gas power.

2) My primary boat is a 96 Nitro 180FS bassboat, I have plenty of upgrades on her including a extended deck, dual console, and a upgraded Merc. I'm getting ready to install a new trolling motor, and fish finder/gps. She's capable of decent cruising speeds just shy of 55mph. Great boat for fishing bass or stripers. You can see her in some of the pics on TackleTour.

My dream boat is a Ranger 521 cup. :lol:

Buzz
TT Staff Angler
TT Staff Angler

Post by Buzz » Fri May 16, 2003 12:31 am

BiteSize,

2 watercrafts.

Outcast Float Tube

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewoutcastsf.shtm

and Drift Boat from Ro Drift Boats that is being tested for an upcoming Reveiw.

Troy :lol:

Are you looking for something in particular?? What will you use it for??

Brookie
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Brookie » Fri May 16, 2003 11:01 am

I have been fishing for a long time already but never bought a real boat.
I own a Caddis float tube and ride in my friends' boats if we
go to a big lake. Most of my fishing is from shore.

dazzle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dazzle » Mon May 19, 2003 5:31 pm

I just tag along in my friend's boat. :D

Nitro
Angler
Angler

Post by Nitro » Wed May 21, 2003 2:24 pm

Well you guys probably guessed it...I have a Nitro 700LX. Small little starter boat but it runs great. Doesn't ride as smooth as a Champion r Ranger but its a world better then the aluminum Bass Tracker's which have a much harsher ride. I wish I had a Minn Kota trolling system over the stock motorguide.

I'm looking to buy a seafaring boat. Whaler or Mako probably.

seasicknes
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by seasicknes » Fri May 30, 2003 10:53 am

I have two watercraft.
One is 22' hydrasport walkaround hardtop. Used primary out of san francisco region. She has a 200 hp Evinrude Ficht with a 15 hp Honda kicker motor.

The other one is a 17' Boston Whaler montauk center console. Used primary out of monterey area and also for lakes. I usually tow this boat because it is lighter and easier to launch. I tow as far as Canada to Mexico. She has a 90 hp Johnson and a 8 hp Johnson kicker motor. Also have a removeable bow mounted electric trolling motor by minkota. A removeable bass chair up front. Lastely a bimini top in which I used no more than 5 times (only good for lakes).

Since I fish the ocean alot 99% of the time, I truely believe in RAILS. I have lots of stainless grab and foot rails on my boats.

You can see both of these boats on: http://www.dealtackler.com/T3Forum/viewtopic.php?t=71

ken (22 hydrasport wa / 17 boston whaler)

danbass
Angler
Angler

Post by danbass » Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:46 am

I have just purchased a 2003 Tracker PT175 with a 40hp Merc. Has all of the standard features that come with it. Works well on our 1000 acre and smaller lakes. It is a big change from a 10 foot jonboat.

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:25 am

Hi Danbass,

Just curious, how well does the Tracker PT175 ride? Smooth, or loud? and how fast can you get her up to on the water with the 40HP merc? I'm always amazed by how fast those trackers can get up and go.

JackLivesHere
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by JackLivesHere » Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:44 pm

Quintrex 4.55m (15ft) Hornet. It's got a 50hp Yamaha 4 stroke on the back, with an RT55AP attached to the front. Very stable for lure and fly fishing and great for poking up those small creeks.

littlebird13
Angler
Angler

Post by littlebird13 » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:24 am

1999 Ranger R83
19 foot
175 hp Mercury EFI
Minn Kota 74 lb thrust trolling motor
Tempest Plus Stainless steel prop

FINNOR FREAK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by FINNOR FREAK » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:43 pm

I bought A BOBCAT PIROGUE last year and love it.I get picked on from folkes in our church saying when is that thang gonna grow up.It is 14 ft. long ,has a 65lb. thurst trolling motor built into the back of it,LIVE WELL AND IT IS FOOT CONTROLLED.(AND IT IS RED!!.Do I get some looks when I am on the water.Mostly from people asking where did you get that thing from,and where is the motor.

Check them out.

bobcatboat.com
Later ya'll

dazzle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dazzle » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:02 pm

How stable is that bobcat?

--Daz

FINNOR FREAK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by FINNOR FREAK » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:19 pm

Hey,It is very stable.When I bought it last year the first place I took it to was lake claiborne .It is in the north part of the state.I go to a church that is right by the lake and when one of the guys from church heard that I bought one he wanted to go with me.That saturday morning I went to his house and put the boat in on his ramp.The wind was really blowing.I wasnot looking forward because there is now cover out there.At one time it looked like the gulf.But we kept going.The boat passed with flying colores.No water came in the boat.It does a great job at riding the waves,and with the 65lb trolling motor it will scoot .The place where they are made is only about 65 miles from the house.The hull has a lifetime warrenty to the original owner.If you knock a hole in it he will fix it free.Ain't notin wrong with that.
Later ya'll :wink: