New swimbait heads

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

New swimbait heads

Post by smalljaw » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:37 am

I've been struggling trying to find a good head to throw finesse swim baits on after watching Hank Cherry win the all-star event using it. The heads I that I liked had 5/0 hooks and the others I found that fit used light wire hooks and so I was making my own using a regular round head with a standard wire hook. After using the round head for a bit I kind of liked it but I did want a similar size head with a bigger wire hook and now I finally got one. I've been making this one for a few weeks now and got to use it just before it got too cold here and I'm happy, the ones in this pic are 1/8oz with a 3/0 hook and I can up to a 4/0 is I use a longer bait, right now the 3/0 is perfect for the 3.5" and 4" swim baits and I can do heavier heads as well for the larger ones, anyway I have a lot more testing to do but on my finesse swim baits it is a winner, what you guys think?

Farnorth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New swimbait heads

Post by Farnorth » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:57 am

Those look great! Are you pouring your own plastics as well?

Imavol
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Imavol » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:56 am

Those do look great, nice work.

cumara
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cumara » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:27 am

The jig heads look fantastic. I really like how well they match the swimbait for a seamless look, and the 3D eyes are a nice touch.