Need keepers or way to save nose-hooked Senkos

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
Snyder Rods
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Need keepers or way to save nose-hooked Senkos

Post by Snyder Rods » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:31 am

Can anybody tell me where to purchase the keepers, like those featured on Mister Twister keeper hooks? I need just the keepers.

I do not want the screw type.

Or something that I can insert into a senko to nose hook it without loosing so many baits.

FrankW
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Need keepers or way to save nose-hooked Senkos

Post by FrankW » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:33 am

Hi Snyder Rods,

I know you said you don't want twist type bait keepers but these Owner hooks do a great job of holding onto a plastic bait.

You can buy the hook keeper alone. I think the Owner twist bait keeper is the best available.

Or try a bait keeper hook like this.

Or like this.

Frank
Last edited by FrankW on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

WoodT
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Need keepers or way to save nose-hooked Senkos

Post by WoodT » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:13 am

What are you hit liking about the CPS springs (the Owner CPS twist locks he's pictured)? :-k

You should try them if you haven't already. Most twist-style trailer hooks are awful (Trokar, VMC, Gamakatsu)...I agree with you there...the Owner springs with the center post are completely different. Night and day. I yank off the other styles and replace them with CPS before I ever use the hooks.

You can buy them in bulk at Tacklewarehouse. Cabelas and BPS will have the smaller packs.