Success at last...A cast Slider

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
skinhead
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Success at last...A cast Slider

Post by skinhead » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:21 pm

At last I have been able to successfully drill one of my favourite cast resin lures, a 10cm Salmo Slider \:D/ . Having bought a Dremel Workstation, Multi Chuck, Drill Press Vice and a coule of diamond drill bits, not to mention two batches of RTV Silicon and casting resin, it has worked out costly :roll: . If the lures work as hoped, over time lure cost will plummet to approximately 10% of the shop bought lure 8-) .

This is the drilling rig that has ironed out the wrinkles.

The successful lure. Just need to test it on the water. I have two more colours curing at the moment. The first will be ready to work on this Sunday, the other was cast today and will be ready in five days.

james123
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Success at last...A cast Slider

Post by james123 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:18 pm

this lipless looks really reel.
I like the yellow belly. Yellow belly is a must for me, because I do think it attracts more attacks.

treadwellpat
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Success at last...A cast Slider

Post by treadwellpat » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:20 pm

has potential. Im kind curious why you didnt use wire all the way through and went with screw eyes