Teflon pins

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
80pruf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Teflon pins

Post by 80pruf » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Ok, so after hearing about the teflon pins for the first time from another post I want to give them a try. First off...where is the cheapest place to buy them? How do they hold up? Should I remove them before I powder paint or are they okay to stay in place?

thanks for any info you can offer.

cadman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Teflon pins

Post by cadman » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:50 am

I can help you out. They last forever, yes remove them before you bake your jigs. I can send you a free sample if you like to see how it works, plus I also have a tutorial about it. PM me your e-mail or phone number.

DUZBASS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DUZBASS » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:41 am

They work great, with a few issues. 1. with smaller heads they tend to fall out easy due to the lack of surface friction 2. In some molds they dont stay in place well while pouring and can lead to bad pours.

Do remove them before curing or you will end up with a tube of paint to chip off.

The cheapest place to get them is to buy teflon rods and cut them yourself, amazon sells them. The easiest place to get them is from Barlows tackle.

Good pouring to you ;)

willowblade
Angler
Angler

Post by willowblade » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:40 am

Teflon pins work great for jig molds. You simply pour your jigs with the Teflon pins in the mold. After you are done pouring your jigs, you can also powder paint with the Teflon pins.. The powder paint will not stick to the pins, and they can be used over and over again. Once you are finished painting, simply remove the pin and glue a weedguard in. I got mine from Jann’s Netcraft as they have a quantity discount for a 100 pack.

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/do-it-mold ... 45915.aspx