Stick Worm Molds?

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
HellaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Stick Worm Molds?

Post by HellaBass » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:19 am

Is there much any difference between the different 5.25" stick worm molds? I am looking at the ones I can hand pour like Del-Mart, Kmolds, others? If so which is best & why?

thelatrobe33
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Stick Worm Molds?

Post by thelatrobe33 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:59 pm

If you intend to hand pour them I had the best success with the Del Mart molds. His molds are geared more towards the hand pourer (sprues are a bit bigger). If you plan on hand injection then I'd stick with Bears Baits products or Basstackle.com products. My foray into pouring didn't last that long so I'm no expert, but these were the 3 companies I had some experience with.

I will tell you that if you're starting down the road to pouring baits to save money on Senkos STOP NOW. It's expensive and addicting and you'd have to go through several packs of worms a week to ever save money.

HellaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HellaBass » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks, just trying to kill some time, long winters in MN!
](*,)

thelatrobe33
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by thelatrobe33 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:42 pm

HellaBass wrote:Thanks, just trying to kill some time, long winters in MN!
](*,)
Similar situation here in Ohio :crying:

I started pretty basic with 2 Del-Mart hand pour molds, several colorants, a few types of glitter and some MF plastic. My main problem was pouring indoors in the winter without adequate ventilation. You will want to think about that before you get started. I'd advise you to make sure you have an exhaust fan running about 1000 cfm before you consider doing any of this inside. The fumes are pretty nasty.

You will probably find much more useful information at Tackle Underground forums.

HellaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HellaBass » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Ended up with used Delmart mold, worked slick

thelatrobe33
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by thelatrobe33 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:03 pm

The Del Mart molds are sweet. If/when you decide to try injecting them check out basstackle.com and bearsbaits.com. There's loads of good stuff out there.

Looks like you got some pretty good results!