making green pumpkin powder paint

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
cuke
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

making green pumpkin powder paint

Post by cuke » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:08 am

i have all the basic colors of powder paint but want to make green pumpkin or dark watermelon. has anyone tried to mix colors and if so whats the formula? my attempts have failed and need to paint some jewel jig heads.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: making green pumpkin powder paint

Post by smalljaw » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:00 am

You could just go buy green pumpkin but if you rather mix it I can help. The colors you need are pumpkin brown, watermelon, black, and chartreuse. Assuming these are in 2oz. jars it would be 1/2 jar of watermelon, 1/4 jar of black, 1/8 jar of pumpkin brown and try that, if it is too dark that is when you use a little chartreuse, but try just a bit and keep adding until you get it where you want it. There are others but watermelon is the base, if you don't have watermelon then you may as well go buy the green pumpkin. Go to tackle underground if you need a different mix of colors than what I gave you, the one I gave you was what a lot of trial and error accomplished because at the time I came up with it there was no dark watermelon or green pumpkin, good luck.
Barlow's Tackle

cuke
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: making green pumpkin powder paint

Post by cuke » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:58 pm

i probably should just buy some but i'm too stubborn and i don't make my own lures much anymore, so would like to use what i have. yellow chartreuse, red, blaze orange, silver, yellow, gold, black, green chartreuse and clear.