Questions about pouring plastics?

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Questions about pouring plastics?

Post by Finnz922 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:46 pm

I want to start pouring plastics. I really like the idea of doing it myself and was wondering what am I getting myself into? What do I need to make them? What websites are good for buying supplies off of? I want to make more than a few at a time how do I make them in batches of 20 or more? Is there a difference between plastics and handpoured plastics from a do it yourself standpoint or are they all handpoured since a machine is not doing it? Lastly, where do you get molds or is it better to make them on your own?

Thanks for your help.

Reel Old Geezer
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew

Re: Questions about pouring plastics?

Post by Reel Old Geezer » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Everything you'll ever need: http://www.lurecraft.com/content/

I've been molding my own for 30+ years.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks. I have heard some good things about tackle underground. Is that a good info site?

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:47 am

Finnz922 wrote:Thanks. I have heard some good things about tackle underground. Is that a good info site?
Tackle underground is the place to go when have a question, I wish it would have been around when I started making lures. Register there and is you have any questions about plastic or molds the guys there can and will help you out, just go to the soft plastic bait section and you'll be home.
Barlow's Tackle