Custom Balsa Baits Painted!!

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
Big Bass Man
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Custom Balsa Baits Painted!!

Post by Big Bass Man » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:39 am

I got another chance to paint some more of Marty Burns balsa baits. He does some very clean work on the bait building!! Marty asked if I would paint a few bright colors on a few of them, I said sure will bud. Here are the baits Marty sent to me to paint:

Custom Balsa Flat Sides And Round Bodies

Lemon Shad

Spot Special

Hot Taco

Cherry-Lime Shad

Citrus Shad

Red Eye Bone Shad

Foiled Bluegill

Foiled Threadfin Shad

All Of Marty's Baits Together

bassinmaumee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Custom Balsa Baits Painted!!

Post by bassinmaumee » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:57 pm

I like your paints, I wish I had more time to paint and try that foil job you do. I think the smallies in my river would love them in gizzard shad and maybe a foiled craw if thats possible.

Big Bass Man
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Big Bass Man » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:49 pm

bassinmaumee wrote:I like your paints, I wish I had more time to paint and try that foil job you do. I think the smallies in my river would love them in gizzard shad and maybe a foiled craw if thats possible.
Thanks Man!!

I learned how to do the Foil Photofinish from Husky on TU. He posted a tutorial on there on how to do it. Here is a link to his Tutorial: http://www.tackleunderground.com/commun ... -finishes/

Be sure to thank him for posting it, It was great of him to do so!!
The Threadfin has been killer, here in North MS. I have caught a ton of bass on them. The spotted bass absolutely smash them, when they bite. I caught my biggest spot on the threadfin this past spring, 6 lbs.

artiea
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by artiea » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:54 pm

that stuff is scary good-you need to start selling some of your masterpieces, quit your day job