Acetate Floss for Dressing Trebles

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
rbredefe
Angler
Angler

Acetate Floss for Dressing Trebles

Post by rbredefe » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:39 am

A lot of people seem to be using dressed trebles on topwater baits, spoons, and even crankbaits. I wanted to share with you all that dressing your trebles does not require a vice and can be quite easy with "factory like" results. I made about twenty dressed treble hooks while watching television last light and am pretty satisfied with the results.

I inserted the desired amount of flashabou in the eye of the treble hook and slid the eye of the hook to the center of the flashabou(kind of like Storm does on the chugbug.) After bending the flashabou back away from the hook eye and holding it there with my finger I simply wrapped the flashabou with a product called acetate floss. After wrapping the flashabou I simply wet the wraps with acetone and the floss became hard. The floss now has the characteristics of a wrap treated with head cement without the need of a vice. Since the flashabou is threaded through the eye of the hook with even amounts on each side, I anticipate the flashabou will be a little more durable than feathers.

I like the results that I achieved and I am not really a talented artist. If I can do it, I know just about any one can.