Powder paint help

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
80pruf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Powder paint help

Post by 80pruf » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:48 pm

I paint all the baits I make with powder paint using fluid beds. I would like to find some flat black colors along with a few other colors but I am looking for them with a flat finish not gloss. I prefer to buy by the pound. Anybody got any ieas?

BB144
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Powder paint help

Post by BB144 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:38 am

I believe the BOSS powder paint from fishingskirts.com comes in some flat colors. Although it's only listed in 2oz jars on the site. I'd try giving them a call and see if they'd sell you a full pound, possibly at a discounted price.
cabinfeverlures.webs.com
fb.com/CabinFeverLures

Imavol
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Imavol » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:50 am

80pruf wrote:I paint all the baits I make with powder paint using fluid beds. I would like to find some flat black colors along with a few other colors but I am looking for them with a flat finish not gloss. I prefer to buy by the pound. Anybody got any ieas?
You might even call around to some paint stores or paint shops that do powder painting. I used to buy some from a powder painter in the old town I lived in pretty cheap.

Aristotle
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Aristotle » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:05 am

try Harbor Freight for flat black powder paint . . . very cheap and no gloss. The other colors (i.e. white, yellow, and red gloss when heated)

nsfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nsfisher » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:24 am

BB144 wrote:I believe the BOSS powder paint from fishingskirts.com comes in some flat colors. Although it's only listed in 2oz jars on the site. I'd try giving them a call and see if they'd sell you a full pound, possibly at a discounted price.
try going straight to http://fishboss.com/

l2yan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by l2yan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:59 pm

nsfisher wrote:
BB144 wrote:I believe the BOSS powder paint from fishingskirts.com comes in some flat colors. Although it's only listed in 2oz jars on the site. I'd try giving them a call and see if they'd sell you a full pound, possibly at a discounted price.
try going straight to http://fishboss.com/
This stuff is sick! :shock: I'm definitely gonna have to grab some!
www.BigSmallieTackle.com
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org