So I find out I need a new guide for a Croix rod, and it’s impossible to find!
Fuji alconite clnag8j!
I have a few questions:
1) does “c “ stand for chrome, LN is guide series/type, a is alconite, g ?...8 size...and j?
2) if this is a discontinued guide, does anybody know of any guides that would have replaced this that I could use?
3) does anybody know where I could buy one of these puppies ie small rod builder etc
I’m new to the rod guides and components, and was surprised a guide from such a popular series would be so hard to find nowadays lol
Thanks for any help!
- TT Gear Crew
- Posts: 2779
- Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:26 am
- Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods
L = frame style
N = frame style (double foot)
A = Alconite
G = guide (T = top)
8 = frame ID
J = denoted the frame/ring interaction I think (this has kind of gone away)
Ya, that guide was discontinued by Fuji a few years ago I think.
Try Bingham Enterprises. I know they had some discontinued stock they were trying to get rid of. They used to carry them.
The new guide is just the LNAG and is polished stainless and not chrome plated. If you're a gram weenie, then this is a better option. Exact same guide without the extra weight of chrome plating.
Otterods-High performance fishing rods
I contacted them and they had everything “except” that guide lol. So I’m still looking !