Rod Geek, Rain Shadow, and more rod reviews

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
mizushinobi
Angler
Angler

Rod Geek, Rain Shadow, and more rod reviews

Post by mizushinobi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Has anyone built on either of these?

Been thinking about building on a rod geek C4 or rainshadow immortal/revalation.
a long spinning (7'6") and a all purpose MH or H 7'6" casting rod specifically.

Just wondering if anyone has built around these blanks. Looking for reviews or anything actually. How was the durability/sensitivity of the rod? any other blank companies (besides loomis/phenix/st. croix) out there you would recommend? Thanks TT

bish0p
Angler
Angler

Re: Rod Geek, Rain Shadow, and more rod reviews

Post by bish0p » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:06 pm

My first rod build was on a Rainshadow RX7 fly blank, in the old Olympic green color. The rod is a nice, medium fast action.

I have a RS XST1085 blank for salmon I want to wrap in the next month. My order with Mudhole was placed today. I'm still waiting for in stock Curado K so I can static load the blank with guides. Just flexing the blank, I can tell it's real nice.

Rodgeeks C4 and C2 graphite is equivalent to St Croix's SCIV and SCII graphite. I haven't built with one, but they have good reviews. The choice of colors is a plus.