Delta blanks

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Delta blanks

Post by toddmc » Wed May 02, 2018 1:28 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
toddmc wrote:The lack of scrim altogether is one of the things that makes the Point Blank blanks load so well and feel so different than a blank, like any of the various Loomis heritage blanks, with a scrim. If I have to have a scrim in my blank, I will choose graphite because they usually feel more sensitive, and are lighter.
That was kinda random lol, but I feel ya. Aside from being without scrim, whatever tech PB is doing, these blanks are just the bees knees imo. I had an older RX8+ blank which was also without scrim. While it shared some of the same characteristics as the PB, it simply wasn't the same. I really hope PB offers some new models in the near future, or better yet, produces another blank even better than the current. Though I think that would be difficult to accomplish. I really have little desire to use any other blanks at the moment.
They were talking about scrims a few posts ago, so I threw in my two cents about scrims :lol: . It would be nice if they had more blanks available. I wonder how both NFC and Pointblank are doing. I guess that I need to spend more time on rodbuilder.org. It's good to see as much variety in the custom blank world as possible. These Delta blanks seem have a good reputation.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Fri May 04, 2018 4:31 am

NFC rolls Point Blank's blanks. That's why they are similar. :)

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri May 04, 2018 5:58 pm

MardukFIN wrote:NFC rolls Point Blank's blanks. That's why they are similar. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wait..... We're you being serious

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Post by Mattman » Sun May 06, 2018 5:00 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Ya, NFC and PB are such different blanks that's a really funny statement. Not to mention the country of origin sticker.
Matt Davis
Otterods-High performance fishing rods

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Sun May 06, 2018 9:08 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Well, chatted with Aleks Maslow, CEO of NFC. He said NFC does Rainshadow new Eternity blanks also. Dunno sure, but that's what he told me. :)

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Post by Mattman » Mon May 07, 2018 2:49 am

MardukFIN wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Well, chatted with Aleks Maslow, CEO of NFC. He said NFC does Rainshadow new Eternity blanks also. Dunno sure, but that's what he told me. :)

So you then jump to the conclusion that they also roll Point Blanks blanks?

Lots of these types of manufacturers contract roll. Blanks for another supplier, house brand blanks, arrow shafts, golf club shafts etc. But NFC rolling blanks for Point Blank is an incorrect statement.

By the way, its Alex Maslov.
Matt Davis
Otterods-High performance fishing rods

Angler JO
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Angler JO » Mon May 07, 2018 7:08 am

POINT Blank™ has an exclusive relationship with a factory that makes an international brand and doesn't roll any "bulk" blanks for sale to the masses. Further, POINT Blank™ is not a "stock" item from that factory. It is made on custom mandrels and not available to anyone but Anglers Resource®. When you choose to build a rod on a POINT Blank™ you will realize immediately that it is unlike any other blank and it is easily distinguishable from the NFC line.
Angler's Resource

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Angler JO wrote:POINT Blank™ has an exclusive relationship with a factory that makes an international brand and doesn't roll any "bulk" blanks for sale to the masses. Further, POINT Blank™ is not a "stock" item from that factory. It is made on custom mandrels and not available to anyone but Anglers Resource®. When you choose to build a rod on a POINT Blank™ you will realize immediately that it is unlike any other blank and it is easily distinguishable from the NFC line.
Yeah, about as easily distinguishable as an apple and an orange. And PB is the Honeycrisp of apples.