Fuji Ultra Poly Thread

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
Susitnasalmonguide
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Fuji Ultra Poly Thread

Post by Susitnasalmonguide » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:37 pm

I started using this stuff about a year ago, and like it so much that I keep buying more -- even though I still have many colors of some of the previous nylon threads I had purchased. Ultra Poly seems to pack tighter with less effort on my builds. The A size also seems to be a bit smaller than A size thread from at least a couple other companies -- but still remains strong. I particularly like the A size thread when wrapping smaller guides where the step up onto the guide foot is lower. When wrapping larger spinning guides I often wrap the first couple reduction guides with size D of the same color thread -- then wrap the remaining guides with A. It simply makes the process easier and the results look sharp. The scarlet color is one of my favorites and really pops on a dark graphite blank.

Susitnasalmonguide
Quantum, HL Outdoors - ESB Bobbers, Pautzke Bait Company, Sufix

Angler JO
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Fuji Ultra Poly Thread

Post by Angler JO » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:26 pm

I've done numerous sample sticks for factories since the thread came out and I know this for sure...Ultra POLY will not darken or lose color as much as nylon when coated. Sounds like a little thing, but nylon really darkens a lot when it soaks up finish. Especially in the blues and greens. Ultra POLY shows much more color after coating. It still has the nice translucence and richness of nylon but even the darker colors are stronger. Hard to explain.
Angler's Resource