Point Blank 761MF blank comparison ??

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
bigbaitfishing
Angler
Angler

Point Blank 761MF blank comparison ??

Post by bigbaitfishing » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:53 am

interested in this blank but would like a comparison to other blanks in terms of tip and backbone , also what lure weights are comfortable casting with this blank .
basically any feedback from any one who has this blank built and has fished this , thanks :)

Angler JO
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Point Blank 761MF blank comparison ??

Post by Angler JO » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:40 am

I'm sure you're waiting for an "unbiased" opinion but I'll offer this anyway. I use the PB761MF with a popping cork that weighs about an ounce and the blank handles it easily. Soft enough tip to keep a live shrimp on a small treble yet plenty of power to land fish up to 20-pounds. I've also had feedback from a bass tournament guy who claims it's the best he's ever used for Carolina rigging with a 1/2 oz. I'll also use this blank for a 1/2 oz Skitterwalk topwater when I need the distance a longer rod gives me and occasionally fish bigger soft plastic twitch baits. It's one of my favorites along with the PB731MXF for a versatile range of applications.

bigbaitfishing
Angler
Angler

Post by bigbaitfishing » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:38 am

Angler JO wrote:I'm sure you're waiting for an "unbiased" opinion but I'll offer this anyway. I use the PB761MF with a popping cork that weighs about an ounce and the blank handles it easily. Soft enough tip to keep a live shrimp on a small treble yet plenty of power to land fish up to 20-pounds. I've also had feedback from a bass tournament guy who claims it's the best he's ever used for Carolina rigging with a 1/2 oz. I'll also use this blank for a 1/2 oz Skitterwalk topwater when I need the distance a longer rod gives me and occasionally fish bigger soft plastic twitch baits. It's one of my favorites along with the PB731MXF for a versatile range of applications.
can this blank throw 3/8 oz. baits well ?

Angler JO
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Angler JO » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:00 am

No problems I know of, I throw 1/4 oz jigs with this blank all the time. With a plastic grub added I'm sure I'm in that range.

bigbaitfishing
Angler
Angler

Post by bigbaitfishing » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:04 am

Angler JO wrote:No problems I know of, I throw 1/4 oz jigs with this blank all the time. With a plastic grub added I'm sure I'm in that range.
thanks for taking my call this morning , i look foward to fishing the rod once it is finished !
appreciate it :D