Mhx mag bass and mag bass xf

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
timsford
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Mhx mag bass and mag bass xf

Post by timsford » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:05 am

I'm thinking of building a mh casting rod for jerkbaits. I've been eyeing the 753 in both the high mod mag bass and the mag bass xf series. Are these rods true to ratings and how's the sensitivity? Rid will also be used for skipping jigs and tube to heavy for spinning tackle, so how's the sensitivity? I assume the mag bass xf isn't their high mod graphite because it says world class instead of high mod on the blanks. Any reviews on mhx blanks or even better, comparisons from anyone who has tried both series? Are these a good fit for what I want, or should I go with St Croix scv or another premium blank? Thanks for the help guys

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Mhx mag bass and mag bass xf

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:29 am

Replied to the thread on BR :lol:

timsford
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timsford » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:20 am

Thanks hogsticker I asked the same question on a few forums to get as many opinions as possible. There is a 30 to 40 dollar price difference between the 2 blanks and I'm wondering what the difference is in the 2 since they have the same length and taper but the cheaper rod has a little higher weight rating. Has anyone fished with both or even either one that can compare sensitivity and action between the 2 or against other blanks or factory rods?

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:30 am

Got HM-MB753XF-MHX today. I'm very impressed, how fast it is.
Can't tell yet, how sensitive it is, but i think this is very nice jig/plastic blank for zander.
Much faster than my own HM-MB843-MHX. Blank weigths 55g.