ETERNITY²

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
Barmaleus
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

ETERNITY²

Post by Barmaleus » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:36 pm

I like to make a fishing rod and fish on blancs Batson.Have several rods RX8+.Are favorites.Now I want to get acquainted with ETERNITY2.Please tell us about ETEC72MH.And where to buy in USA to send to Russia?

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: ETERNITY²

Post by TommyG » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:40 pm

:welc: Welcome Barmaleus, have not built on the Eternity, but I like the Rev.
http://www.getbitoutdoors.com/blanks/ba ... nity2.html

can't speak for shipping to Russia, but you can shoot them an e-mail.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:58 am

I know the RX8+ was built with a carbon scrim. I don't know about the Eternity 2. Some people were convinced the RX8+ was made by St Croix. They were produced in the United States, the Eternity 2 is not but they get really good reviews. There is a Batson rep on this forum. Not sure if he's still floating around, but he should get able to provide shipping information.

Barmaleus
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Barmaleus » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:19 pm

Thank you comrades! :D Built 3 rods RX 8+.812,823 and 783.Very good. build ETEC72MH,it will be very interesting to compare.

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:38 am

We don’t sell direct to the consumer, unless you’re a rod builder with an account with us.

We do have international dealers that are able to take your order:
http://www.rainshadowrodblanks.com/inte ... l-dealers/

I'm sure any of our U.S. dealers would be happy to ship to Russia as well.

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jdmbassman » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:05 am

Does the Eternity 2 blank fish faster like a Point Blank / St Croix or slower like the K2/NFC HM offerings ?

I'm looking between the Rainshadow Eternity2 ETEC72M and the Point Blank PB731MXF for 3/8oz jigs but I'm wanting something true fast to x fast action.

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:39 am

Jdmbassman wrote:Does the Eternity 2 blank fish faster like a Point Blank / St Croix or slower like the K2/NFC HM offerings ?

I'm looking between the Rainshadow Eternity2 ETEC72M and the Point Blank PB731MXF for 3/8oz jigs but I'm wanting something true fast to x fast action.
The New Eternity blanks (not the cobalt blue ones) are in the Fast range for action (definitely not extra fast).

Design wise you can say they are in-between St. Croix and Loomis/NFC… our head designer, Mike Thorson, used to be the designer at St. Croix before coming over 14 years ago and we’ve had/have a working relationship with Gary Loomis (especially in the earlier days of our company when we manufactured blanks in-house). So there’s an influence from both sides, plus Mike wanting to push our designs farther with newer materials and layout patterns.

Otherwise I can’t specifically talk about the other companies blanks, hopefully someone else that’s fished them can help you in comparison.

You may also want to look at the RainShadow Immortal lineup, they’re barely a notch below Eternity’s. This tip is a bit faster as well, but still in the Fast range. For a high end blank, they’re a great bang for the buck.

Angler JO
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Angler JO » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:35 am

The POINT Blank line pretty much starts at fast and just gets faster. With top notch transitional power into the lower section.