New Fuji Reel Foregrip!

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

New Fuji Reel Foregrip!

Post by zodiak311 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:51 am

Finally! The one thing that has always bugged me with some rods is the abrasive texture of the front reel nut on the Fuji reels seats. Seems that they now have a solution to this.

http://www.mudhole.com/Rod-Building/Gra ... Components

Has anyone used these, any thoughts or opinions? Thanks!

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Fuji Reel Foregrip!

Post by toddmc » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:13 am

You should be using the KDPS foregrip. Look that up on mudhole. It covers the threads. The locknut on your link may or may not cover all of the threads.

jimmyb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jimmyb » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:48 am

part of my normal build is to eliminate as much exposed thread as possible. This means cutting down the threads and gluing the thread portion of the seat correctly to where the hood is fully tightened with the reel that i intend to mount on my rod.

I want to make rods lighter weight, not add things to cover up threads :)

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:59 am

jimmyb wrote:part of my normal build is to eliminate as much exposed thread as possible. This means cutting down the threads and gluing the thread portion of the seat correctly to where the hood is fully tightened with the reel that i intend to mount on my rod.

This works well also. I would suggest to anyone in the market for a custom rod that they handle a few rods with smaller diameter and larger diameter foregrips to find what they like best. If you like the smaller size, you certainly don't need to put on a KDPS. Just cut the threads so that they aren't exposed when you have your reel on the seat.

Angler JO
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Angler JO » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:54 am

A graphite thread cover is a nice, small diameter alternative and can include good looking trim and cap rings to dress things up without adding weight.

drift123
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by drift123 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:17 pm

jimmyb wrote:part of my normal build is to eliminate as much exposed thread as possible. This means cutting down the threads and gluing the thread portion of the seat correctly to where the hood is fully tightened with the reel that i intend to mount on my rod.

Another great tip!