NFC blanks

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

NFC blanks

Post by craigrbns » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:41 am

Just wanted, to see what other builders thought of the NFC line up - both the regular blanks and the high modulus. I've yet to build on one due to their cost and my ignorance of their line up and ratings. I figure it may be time to try to set up a whole sale account to get better pricing (although I'm not sure how good of a price break they give). What is your overall impression of quality vs other brands and how consistent are their ratings? Is the price worthy of the blank? Thanks! - Craig

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: NFC blanks

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:18 pm

Awesome blanks! The IM is really good and the HM is unbelievable.

If you can, try and see the blanks on a flex board. My experience was ratings were rather subjective and inconsistent even within their own linenup.

If you find the right blank for you, there is little doubt you will be more than satisfied.

craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by craigrbns » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:34 pm

RMCatchNrelease wrote:Awesome blanks! The IM is really good and the HM is unbelievable.

If you can, try and see the blanks on a flex board. My experience was ratings were rather subjective and inconsistent even within their own linenup.

If you find the right blank for you, there is little doubt you will be more than satisfied.
Thanks! Inconsistencies make it hard to figure out new manufacturers. I've built on enough from the other brands I use, and taken enough rda #'s to feel comfortable selecting blanks. Took quite awhile to get Phenix figured out! I'm definitely interested in nfc blanks, but hate the idea of guessing on the first handful until I can get some measurements and educate myself.

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:08 am

Thank you for asking about the NFC blanks. We are the exclusive distributor for them and would love to answer any questions you may have. This is the GEN2 of Gary Loomis.

Instead of guessing, let us take the guess work out. Please ask away or call into the office and we can help out! Thanks!

drift123
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by drift123 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:25 pm

Is Batson still the distributor of NFC blanks? Love both companies right here from the northwest

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 pm

These blanks are real deal! \:D/

1st i got MB 705 HM. Then SWB 807 IM. Next were MB 709 SM and latest is SWB 808 IM.

Those SWB blanks are awesome allrounders.

rh_916
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rh_916 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:11 pm

MardukFIN wrote:These blanks are real deal! \:D/

1st i got MB 705 HM. Then SWB 807 IM. Next were MB 709 SM and latest is SWB 808 IM.

Just wondering what do you use your 705 hm for and how heavy of lures do you throw on yours? Im still building mines and was thinking of using it for 5" senkos.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:15 pm

rh_916 wrote:
MardukFIN wrote:These blanks are real deal! \:D/

Just wondering what do you use your 705 hm for and how heavy of lures do you throw on yours? Im still building mines and was thinking of using it for 5" senkos.
7-25g is fine.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:30 am

=D>

bish0p
Angler
Angler

Post by bish0p » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:06 am

MardukFIN wrote: =D>
That's real clean looking. I'll eventually build the two steelhead blanks I got from the recent NFC sale.

My only complaint is NFC sent me an Edge Rods hat. I wanted the NFC hat :confused: