Matagi vendor?

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Matagi vendor?

Post by craigrbns » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:37 am

As many of you know mudhole now owns merrick tackle. No big deal except I asked mudhole today about Matagi components and they said they would not be offering them. Does any one know of a current US distributer of Matagi components? I have a desire to spend a few more dollars on needless bling! Thanks!

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Re: Matagi vendor?

Post by Mattman » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:14 am

Believe Matagi always listed their vendors on their web site. As I recall...Johnny's Pond.

craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by craigrbns » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:33 am

Thanks Matt. I should have been able to find that myself but never noticed a vendor list. Thanks again! - Craig

Tmeng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Tmeng » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:09 am

I never had a problem ordering from Matagi directly. I would send an email with a list of the items I would need, and Mamoru would send me a reply with an invoice. When I build my rods I would normally order the Fuji guide sets from Matagi as they carry the correct sets for micro, KL, YSG, and others I have ordered. They are pretty flexible in changing the tip for the correct size I would need within their guide sets.

5poundhooker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 5poundhooker » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:34 am

Just a heads up. I tried ordering some Matagi items from Johnny's Pond the other day and my paypal payment was returned and said that the items were no longer available. They may be out of the Matagi buisiness. Does anyone know if Merrick is still a U.S. distributer. It seems that Mudwhole either bought them or the company who owns them did.

nctrucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nctrucker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:09 am

try getting hold of billy vivona / NERBS. xlrods@yahoo.com he goes by billy 40 on some websites, i believe. he has ordered much from matagi. he does send several orders out annually. probably as smooth a process to get an order out. bear in mind time for processing and shipping may be a while.