fellow builder help.

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
fshn4lmt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

fellow builder help.

Post by fshn4lmt » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:12 am

I am wondering if anyone can help me out here.I have a seeker bs706s I built for a friend,and he snapped it between the split grip.I need a piece of blank I can epoxy in-and just extend the handle from the break down,and use a full cork handle.I usually have pieces around from shortened blanks,but I dont have any that are that big in diameter right now.blank measure 18.64mm outside diameter at the break,and I need a piece between 6-8 inches long.Does anyone have any scraps from a large diameter build that they shortened?
Thanks in advance if you read down this far!
fshn4lmt(Matt Mahle)
Sunbury,Oh

ipoppa33
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: fellow builder help.

Post by ipoppa33 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:11 am

Sorry I don't have any that would fit. I have butt sections from that blank but no pieces from that part of the blank. You could email Seeker and ask them, or worse case you could buy another blank to cannibalize for the section you need.

Good luck.

Stan
ShakedownRods.com

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Re: fellow builder help.

Post by Mattman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:09 am

Aluminum tube is an option.

Woven carbon tube is an option.

I will also use rod blank that isn't quite large enought.

In any of those instances I may need to fir them out. Mesh drywall tape. Wrapped D thread. Full length Flex Coat arbors. Methods like that.