THE jig and worm blank

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
QuitLookinAtMyItos
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: THE jig and worm blank

Post by QuitLookinAtMyItos » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:10 am

dusty wrote:Ended up finding a loomis mbr783 glx blank in my local tackle shop. Thought I'd probably never get the chance to do another and as far as I know they are history on the internet... Might just make it an all purpose rod like the 783 is known for...

Also it happened to be on their blank clearance rack for 40% off or $156

Thanks for everyone's input
I wish Loomis would put those GLX blanks back on the market.......
JDM quality is unsurpassed. Period.

5poundhooker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 5poundhooker » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:28 pm

QuitLookinAtMyItos wrote:
dusty wrote:Ended up finding a loomis mbr783 glx blank in my local tackle shop. Thought I'd probably never get the chance to do another and as far as I know they are history on the internet... Might just make it an all purpose rod like the 783 is known for...

If they were that price all along i may have bought and tried some long ago $156 is reasonable IMO. I just cannot justify the high prices of some blanks or retail rods for that matter. I get what ever I need from $50-$100 blanks. A medium power even x-fast seems a little week for jigs with any type of weed guard or Texas rigged plastics, especially if it is a full power under rated.

dusty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dusty » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:16 pm

QuitLookinAtMyItos wrote:

Yeah, sucks to see the loomis rack empty at my local shop. I wish loomis never sold out to shimano, and I am a shimano guy as far as reels go...