rogue 807 & fuji acs trigger

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

rogue 807 & fuji acs trigger

Post by triple_illusion » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:49 am

can anyone verify whether or not these two components are compatible? will the blank be the correct size to fit the seat?

http://www.roguerods.com/index.php?main ... cts_id=342

http://anglersresource.askbis.com/CastingReelSeats.aspx
FiSh_FoR_tHe_StArS

grub_man
Angler
Angler

Re: rogue 807 & fuji acs trigger

Post by grub_man » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:10 pm

A search for the specs of that blank turns up that the butt diameter is 0.624". That puts the butt just shy of 16mm, so the ACS should work just fine. Check with your supplier to see what the diameter is where you want your seat to go.
Joe Vanfossen

Delta Custom Rods

jimmyb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jimmyb » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:40 pm

have u tried the acs? the majority of the people I have dealt with don't like them.

personally, I always buy blanks ahead of component orders so I can do all my own measurements. however, if u are getting them from the same vendor, they will usually measure the blank for u.

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by triple_illusion » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:26 pm

hmmmm...@ grub_man: cool thanks for ur help, usually when i do a google search for this kinda info i get poor results, thats why i prefer to ask people on this forum who already know, why grind ur gears when u could just ask for help right? so thanks i appreciate it.

@ jimmyb: i have not actually fished with the acs trigger but i really like how it feels, my hands fit that seat well, plus i like how it looks, kinda edgy and aggressive. good point, i will check the diameter of the blank as i intend to place the reel seat further up than on the stock rogue 807's, thanks for the idea!
FiSh_FoR_tHe_StArS

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Post by Mattman » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:35 am

I too wait to have the blank to fit components. To get the fit that I want, the way I want it, I'm the one that needs to measure.
Matt Davis
Otterods-High performance fishing rods