just curious about fellow rod builders

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
cjtoad
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: just curious about fellow rod builders

Post by cjtoad » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:31 pm

It's just to much fun building a new rod then catching that first fish on it, for that reason alone I'll probably never buy another production rod again.

gpoler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by gpoler » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:06 am

cjtoad wrote:It's just to much fun building a new rod then catching that first fish on it, for that reason alone I'll probably never buy another production rod again.
:D
You're Right!!!!!!!
:D
CANNONDALE USER!!!!!!!!!!!

daiwa lunatic
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwa lunatic » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:54 am

I learned how to repair rod more than 15 yrs ago, but its limited to only to repair because its hard to get parts and blank then, you have to import it. Now I live here in North America and basically, you can source it anywhere, and now TT rod building forum is great, I'm learnning more and build my first rod 3 years ago, since then, never stop. I still look at a lot of factory rod and always get awed by rod made by megabass and st. croix, I also like the design of daiwa's rod specially the steez. Now my biggest challenge is restoring a rod to its original state, don't know if I will have the resources, feels like restoring a vintage car.