Advice On Equipment

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Advice On Equipment

Post by triple_illusion » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:30 am

Hey TT Gang,

I am looking to purchase rod building equipment to begin a new adventure, I have done a little bit of looking around but wanted to ask for those of you who have done this for a while to chime in on what wrapping equipment you guys like to use and why. I am looking to go all in and get the best, I only need to build and dry 1 rod at a time, so I won't be needing anything geared towards high volume, but other than that I want quality.

*Picture added for some flavor :lol:

Appreciate any and all feedback, thanks yall!
FiSh_FoR_tHe_StArS

MikeK
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Advice On Equipment

Post by MikeK » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:38 am

Renzetti lathe: power wrap, hand wrap, shape grips, quality chuck jaws, chuck can be locked in place, excellent threat carriage and tension system, thread feeds from back.

CRB dryer: 9 or 18 rpm with rubber chuck, wire chuck and maybe rubber chuck with slip clutch.

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Advice On Equipment

Post by triple_illusion » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:08 am

MikeK wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:38 am
Renzetti lathe: power wrap, hand wrap, shape grips, quality chuck jaws, chuck can be locked in place, excellent threat carriage and tension system, thread feeds from back.

CRB dryer: 9 or 18 rpm with rubber chuck, wire chuck and maybe rubber chuck with slip clutch.
I will check those out, thank you!!
FiSh_FoR_tHe_StArS