Major Craft FSX vs FSG

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
FK
Angler
Angler

Major Craft FSX vs FSG

Post by FK » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:45 am

Am I correct in assuming in the Major Craft rods FSX vs FSG is carbon vs glass ?
Just rec'd a new Major Craft Firetail Area FAX-632SUL and very impressed.
Interested in something in the 4'6" to 5' size for my new Shimano Vanford 500 reel.
Mainly small trout and panfish,,,,, suggestions?

Regards,
Fred Krow

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Major Craft FSX vs FSG

Post by Alphahawk » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:52 am

FK wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:45 am
Am I correct in assuming in the Major Craft rods FSX vs FSG is carbon vs glass ?
Just rec'd a new Major Craft Firetail Area FAX-632SUL and very impressed.
Interested in something in the 4'6" to 5' size for my new Shimano Vanford 500 reel.
Mainly small trout and panfish,,,,, suggestions?

Regards,
Fred Krow
I own 3 Fine Tail Stream rods..with one being glass. They are fantastic rods for the money....for what they are designed for. I have the 46 UL and while I have caught bluegill with it there are much better rods for that. I also own the 51 L action..and the 410 glass model. I also own the 63 Area SUL....fantastic bluegill rod and good for trout if not much current. The stream rods shine in current. Last week I had around 300 trout on the 46 UL stream rod. You can check out the action of these rods at my YouTube channel "TroutMagnetMan".

Regards

FK
Angler
Angler

Re: Major Craft FSX vs FSG

Post by FK » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:17 am

Thanks Alphahawk, the FSX 46 and 51 are what I am thinking, especially in small brooks and streams.
Intend to cast 1/8 oz spoons and jigs with soft plastics in 1/32-1/8 oz weights.

Regards,
Fred Krow