UL trout lures from japan - hooks?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
fezken
Angler
Angler

UL trout lures from japan - hooks?

Post by fezken » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:22 pm

Hello,

Currently browsing UL troutlures from digitaka, mainly plugs and spoons. Are hooks included with each lure? If not, which hooks do you recommend? Brand, size etc.

Also looking for some micro jigheads and snap swivels(I found the snaps, but would prefer if sold together with swivel.Unsure if it exists)

Thanks

ftl1951
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: UL trout lures from japan - hooks?

Post by ftl1951 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:50 pm

Cultiva Micro Swivel Snaps. Really small are 00, and 0 size. They are made by Owner. Should be able to find them on eBay. Not sure if you can get Eurotackle products, but their Z Viber 1/16th oz Lipless Crankbaits are awesome. These are made in Russia and are very effective on trout and panfish.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:34 pm

As said the Cultiva micro swivels. As to jig heads none sharper than the Daiwa Gekkabijin jig head....problems is finding them. For trout lures I would check out Finesse Fishing website.....he has some good ones. Now for a huge recommendation of a lure that trout love. The Timon Metal Kuroball 3.5 gram. Trout knock the fire out of it. I had been purchasing several each month for a big trip out to the Little Red and White River this spring then the pandemic hit. But I did get to try them out on the Caney Fork River and Normandy Dam tailrace. They are the real deal. I quit using them at the Normandy Tailrace as the river bottom there eats lures. At about 6 bucks a pop did not want to use up my whole supply before making it out to Arkansas. The Kuroball comes with barbless hooks...extremely sharp. Another recommendation came from Allsorts....then via Finesse Fishing website...the Smith Niakis 3 gram spinners. They are great as the swivel is built in to the spinner....no line twist....also the real deal.

Regards

CM_Stewart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CM_Stewart » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:59 am

fezken wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:22 pm
Hello,

Currently browsing UL troutlures from digitaka, mainly plugs and spoons. Are hooks included with each lure? If not, which hooks do you recommend? Brand, size etc.

Also looking for some micro jigheads and snap swivels(I found the snaps, but would prefer if sold together with swivel.Unsure if it exists)

Thanks
The Japanese lures all come with hooks. The photos don't show them, but they are there.
Chris Stewart
(affiliations: TenkaraBum.com, Finesse-Fishing.com)

fezken
Angler
Angler

Post by fezken » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:55 pm

Thanks for recommendations guys.

Do you guys know of any ultralight poppers from japan?
Really loving the late night popper fishing for brown trout here.

CM_Stewart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CM_Stewart » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:42 am

Da-Nu by Rodio-craft. I haven't tried them.
Chris Stewart
(affiliations: TenkaraBum.com, Finesse-Fishing.com)