WisconsinHeat looking for Rec's on a BFS Reel

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: WisconsinHeat looking for Rec's on a BFS Reel

Post by LowRange » Mon May 25, 2020 7:44 pm

WisconsinHeat wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 6:43 pm
LowRange wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:48 pm
WisconsinHeat wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:56 pm
LowRange wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:33 am
What 1/16 oz baits do you want to throw?
Inline spinners for trout, rooster tails. The package says 1/16 oz but I guess I do that know that true weight .
I would be worried about line capacity for 1/8 jig heads and a small plastic with any DIY spools except the Tatula Long Cast but if you don't make long casts then you should be fine with a regular Ray's spool or Roro. I would probably opt for the Ray's studio DIY for 103/1016 just for the Air Brake. 1/16 oz rooster tails and inline spinner should cast pretty well With Magforce 3D you can always put it on Max Brake if you feel the spool is too fast or struggling to activate the inductor.

Thanks! I pulled the trigger on a t3, Is this the Ray's studio spool?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000020 ... hweb201603
Yes sir! Enjoy your T3 build. :D

Knotty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Knotty » Tue May 26, 2020 9:51 am

WisconsinHeat wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:56 pm

China reel was a seaknight potm. I added extra magnets and it can handle 1/8 oz and up lures well but really really struggles with anything under it and I don't think it will last very long, so I was hoping to pick up a reel that will last a very long time.
Yeah, The Reel Test on YouTube didn't particularly like the POTM, especially at lower weights.

WisconsinHeat
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by WisconsinHeat » Tue May 26, 2020 1:06 pm

Knotty wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:51 am
WisconsinHeat wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:56 pm

China reel was a seaknight potm. I added extra magnets and it can handle 1/8 oz and up lures well but really really struggles with anything under it and I don't think it will last very long, so I was hoping to pick up a reel that will last a very long time.
Yeah, The Reel Test on YouTube didn't particularly like the POTM, especially at lower weights.

Yeah that was mine I sent him lol. After adding additional magnets it's much better than initially, but the light stuff is just very very finicky. Anyways, wouldn't recommend that one 🤣