2020 Luvias FC 2000S or FC 2500S

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Faron
Angler
Angler

2020 Luvias FC 2000S or FC 2500S

Post by Faron » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:28 am

Looking to purchase a new Luvias, initial thought was FC LT200S since i will pair it up with either 610 GL Finezza Prototype or 610 Yamaga Blue Current, then after seeing there is only 5g variance in weight my second thought was how well the FC LT2500S would go with the rods...reason being a good portion of my fishing is bass and walleye and if 2500S offers more versatility I can use it with other rods for a bit more heavy duty work. But, the priority of this reel remains UL finesse and I don't want to sacrifice the feel of touch and sensitivity when using light lines.

I know these are new models and i never owned a Luvias. still, any advice are welcomed :D

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 2020 Luvias FC 2000S or FC 2500S

Post by Alphahawk » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:30 pm

Faron wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:28 am
Looking to purchase a new Luvias, initial thought was FC LT200S since i will pair it up with either 610 GL Finezza Prototype or 610 Yamaga Blue Current, then after seeing there is only 5g variance in weight my second thought was how well the FC LT2500S would go with the rods...reason being a good portion of my fishing is bass and walleye and if 2500S offers more versatility I can use it with other rods for a bit more heavy duty work. But, the priority of this reel remains UL finesse and I don't want to sacrifice the feel of touch and sensitivity when using light lines.

I know these are new models and i never owned a Luvias. still, any advice are welcomed :D
I would go with the 2000S. I have the Finezza Prototype and it pairs well. I really am disappointed they did not offer a JDM 1000 series in the new Luvias. But to be honest the 2000 is probably better suited for the 610 Finezza Prototype. Going to slap a 35mm handle with Zaion knob on it....do the bearing tune and I'll be set. I did a review of the 2020 Luvias on my youtube channel......TroutMagnetMan. The new Luvias takes a bit more inertia to crank than say the Presso Limited and the Ballistic FW. But I am sure after a few trips out the grease will settle in. It is a fine piece of machinery that is for sure.

Regards

StymoDe
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StymoDe » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:22 pm

[/quote]

he new Luvias takes a bit more inertia to crank than say the Presso Limited and the Ballistic FW. But I am sure after a few trips out the grease will settle in. It is a fine piece of machinery that is for sure.

Regards
[/quote]

when I bought my Presso LTD I read that they removed magseal to reduce inertia, same for Ballistic FW. so i would expect these fresh water only reels turns easier.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:51 pm

StymoDe wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:22 pm
he new Luvias takes a bit more inertia to crank than say the Presso Limited and the Ballistic FW. But I am sure after a few trips out the grease will settle in. It is a fine piece of machinery that is for sure.

Regards
[/quote]

when I bought my Presso LTD I read that they removed magseal to reduce inertia, same for Ballistic FW. so i would expect these fresh water only reels turns easier.
[/quote]

Yes that is correct. In the Presso Limited they also used oil bearings in the main bearings. With the Presso LTD and the Ballistic FW I am finding out just how big a difference low inertia makes in finesse fishing. My 2015 Luvias reels take just a tad more to get them started than the Ballistic FW or the Presso. But they have been fished hard for a couple of years and are really settled in. I hope the 2020 luvias will settle in the same way. If Daiwa comes out with a refressed Presso Limited I will be all over it.

Regards

Pastrmka
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Pastrmka » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:10 pm

I have luvias ft2500s and compared to my 2 other reels, stradic ci4+ and ballistic fw2500s it is smoothest by far, feels on another level when it comes to refinement and how easily handle/rotor turns. Now, I haven't had a chance to fish it yet so not sure how if feels under load.

Allsorts
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Allsorts » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:59 am

To me, the 2500 size fits best on 7' + rods so, once again, I'm agreeing with Alphahawk (great minds eh Randy😉). Also, the point about the handle length is super critical, the longer the handle length, the 'bigger' the reel feels. For UL applications 35-45mm is sweet spot, longer handle for high speed minnowing for trout, 35mm for creeping SPs along.

StymoDe
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StymoDe » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:30 am

little bit off topic :big grin: :

Looking through Shimano reels and I only found Vanquish has FW tuned models. anybody has experience on Cardiff and/or Soare ci4 reels how they fish and feel compared to their Daiwa siblings, say Ballistic, Luvias or Theory? Cardiff and Soare are meant for Area and Ajing, I've been thinking getting one myself for quite a while now but always ended up with Daiwa... to me they look toooo much better than Shimano reels LoL