Original power pro vs Sufix 832

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Just_Bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Original power pro vs Sufix 832

Post by Just_Bass » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:57 pm

I’ve used 8lb Sufix 832 on my ultralite set up for quite sometime caught a bunch of slab 14” and ton of little ones. Lately I try 8lb original PP to gain more distance from smaller diameter. I still can catch some even a big one, I gain a little distance, BUT I don’t feel the bite as I feel with 832. I also feel the PP make an arch bow more than 832 when reeling slowly with 1.5 grams jighead. I’m not sure if because summer bite or just PP float more compare to 832. Any opinions?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Original power pro vs Sufix 832

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:08 pm

The 832 is smoother, so it should be less prone to wind and water drag, assuming the diameters are similar between the 2 lines. But if smaller diameter is what you're after, then I strongly suggest Sufix Nanobraid in aqua-camo color, 8# test. It's extremely thin and I like it a lot for all things super-finesse. I have it spooled on my SS Air on a custom rod built on an Immortal IMPP840 ulm popping blank. I can comfortably cast down to 2 grams very well and the sensitivity is excellent. Best of all, minimal wind/water drag. It makes me :big grin: every time I use it.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.