First couple outings with 610L Graphiteleader Corto 18

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
The Fisher King
Angler
Angler

First couple outings with 610L Graphiteleader Corto 18

Post by The Fisher King » Mon May 27, 2019 2:03 pm

Turned onto this rod by Alphahawk. What Can I say about this rod? You can feel everything. I figured the best way to test this rod was to hit one of the most pressured lakes in the area, and I was not disappointed. Where I live, Sauger and Walleye are extremely difficult to catch from shore; they are not native to my state and they are annually stocked in most lakes and reservoirs. However the lakes are mostly man made and our climate does not allow for baitfish to thrive for very long, making walleye/sauger a sportfish here a difficult task task for our DOW.

https://youtu.be/2tL22H4GaJM

Here is some footage of my first two outings, around 2 hours each. I caught well over a dozen with more pecks and nibbles to count. I was throwing a 1gr jighead with a Cultiva ring kick tail plastic on 2lb Flurocarbon. With this rod, I am looking forward to casting small trout spoons and jigs for alpine trout.
Last edited by The Fisher King on Mon May 27, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fisher King
Angler
Angler

Re: First couple outings with 610L Graphiteleader Corto 18

Post by The Fisher King » Mon May 27, 2019 2:09 pm

If the video is inappropriate to be posted here, please let me know.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Tue May 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Very nice. The Corto is a fantastic rod.....and that Ring Kick Tail can catch some fish.

Regards

ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ultralight » Wed May 29, 2019 3:21 pm

Nice! Bang for the buck in made in Japan JDM, Cortos are superb values. Nice vid.