Nasci?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Nasci?

Post by 1nutinthewater » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:50 am

Wanting to try my luck at crappie this season so i dug out a couple Mitchell pro 310 reels i bought for the kids a few years back. Being somewhat picky they feel a little wobbly to me so after looking at getting the ci4+ stradic 1000 for $210 I decided to maybe go cheaper as they will only get used a few times each year.

Anyone use the Nasci 1000 and provide feedback?
I would only be using them for crappie spooled with 4# mono, mounted on Kuying Teton 642UL
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Nasci?

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:40 am

Ive heard good things about this series in the 2500 size. Shimano makes a solid product, no matter what price point you might be looking at.,,,that being said, I just like Daiwa reels a little better. ;)
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:46 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:Ive heard good things about this series in the 2500 size. Shimano makes a solid product, no matter what price point you might be looking at.,,,that being said, I just like Daiwa reels a little better. ;)
I'm becoming more of a daiwa guy with each reel also but they dont make anything in the 1000 size :(
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:50 am

1nutinthewater wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:Ive heard good things about this series in the 2500 size. Shimano makes a solid product, no matter what price point you might be looking at.,,,that being said, I just like Daiwa reels a little better. ;)
I'm becoming more of a daiwa guy with each reel also but they dont make anything in the 1000 size :(
They do in their JDM offerings. :big grin:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:55 am

Well I guess I never really looked into all the options just their BG which does not come in 1000 size. They do have the Fuego but have not looked into them. ALso since these will get little use I don't plan on spending more than $100 each.
I already have several stradic 1000's and a daiwa Lt1000 for trout.
Last edited by 1nutinthewater on Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knotty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Knotty » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:01 am

Stradic Ci4+ and NASCI are my two main spinning reels. Both in 1000. I have no complaints about either.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:29 am

Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 108642 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:35 am

Hi,
The revros LT, (REVLT1000) might work for you. I have not used it, but the old style revros felt alright in the store.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:20 pm

Your killing me! Here I am trying to stay cheap since they will get little use and you guys are throwing out JDM on me.
I think i did say last year that i would not buy any more usdm reels..................

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:31 pm

Shimano has a full line of reels in the 1000 size and they are all fine products. Daiwa also has an extensive line up. My son has two Revros and they have held up well. The Fuego is certainly a nice reel in the 1000 or any other size. My own vote goes to the BG, it is a tank of a reel. I have a 1500 that I think is 2 years old and has performed without a hitch. The downside of the BG is weight, at whatever size you choose the BG will probably be the heaviest. You might also look at the Pfluegers, at about $70 the Presidents are great stuff. Anyway there are many, many good choices and spinning reels between 50 and 100 is a wide field and I'm sure you will find one you like. If you have a good sporting goods store near go by and spin a few.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:59 pm

1nutinthewater wrote:
Your killing me! Here I am trying to stay cheap since they will get little use and you guys are throwing out JDM on me.
I think i did say last year that i would not buy any more usdm reels..................
I only listed reels under $200....those ARE budget offerings. :big grin:

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:12 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
1nutinthewater wrote:
I only list reels under $200....those ARE budget offerings. :big grin:
Tough decision but since they will get little use i went with the cheap Nasci 1000's.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:19 am

1nutinthewater wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
1nutinthewater wrote:
I only list reels under $200....those ARE budget offerings. :big grin:
Tough decision but since they will get little use i went with the cheap Nasci 1000's.
Still a great choice! 8-)

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:51 am

And leaves a few extra pennies for whatever casting reel suits my fancy in the near future...
TT has really changed my fishing budget since discovery.... :shock:

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:45 am

Well the Nasci's arrived and one of them feels like it is full of cold butter. Not free spinning and feels like I am pulling in a 3 pound log upon retrieval. Back it goes.