Varivas/Morris rods ultimate BFS?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Varivas/Morris rods ultimate BFS?

Post by hungry_cow » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:22 am

Does anyone have experience with Varivas / Morris Graphite Works rods? The specs on some models are pretty insane, they have a 6ft 1 casting rod weighing 36 grams rated for 0-1.5 grams. Not even sure if that could be practically used but wow! The specs on the casting rods are on an entire other level of whats out there in terms of length and weight ratings.

http://www.varivas.co.jp/en/Product/sea ... iew3:2/f:1

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Varivas/Morris rods ultimate BFS?

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:31 pm

hungry_cow wrote:Does anyone have experience with Varivas / Morris Graphite Works rods? The specs on some models are pretty insane, they have a 6ft 1 casting rod weighing 36 grams rated for 0-1.5 grams. Not even sure if that could be practically used but wow! The specs on the casting rods are on an entire other level of whats out there in terms of length and weight ratings.

http://www.varivas.co.jp/en/Product/sea ... iew3:2/f:1
No experience, but I have been equally interested in these rods for some time. Specifically the 6'10 SSR Casting in the Bass Tournament series. This is the heavy hitter of the bunch weighing in at a heft 73 grams with the ability to sling between 0(??)-7/16 oz. Beautiful looking rods with I believe TI/TOR guide specs and individually hand written script on each rod from the craftsman.
Very intriguing!
Seems like every time I almost buy one, another rod from my list jumps ahead of it :doh:
I tend to believe these are very delicate rods. So much so, when I was inquiring to Proshop K about them, they told me flat out that if it broke during shipping, I was on my own. That, even considering they come in a hard case!
The other thing that has been a head scratcher is the 3 rods from that series are readily available in multiple shops (5-6 that I have seen), and they have not moved, No sold outs, despite these being made in very limited quantity. I just wonder why??
Anyway..I too would be interested to hear from anyone who has experience with any of the Varivas/Morris Lineup. They do make PE in a class of it's own, have it on all of my braid setups.