Which casting Teton for bobber fishing?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Which casting Teton for bobber fishing?

Post by hungry_cow » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:23 pm

I like using a casting setup for slip bobber fishing for Crappie as I can get better accuracy casting around trees and flip as well. I am looking for a lighter casting than I have but don't need anything super high end for bobber fishing as sensitivity is not a factor. Which Kuying Teton would be recommended the L or UL casting rod? I usually have about 1/32 to 1/16 oz weight under a bobber with a #6 hook or jighead.

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Which casting Teton for bobber fishing?

Post by Edward78 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:20 pm

What kinda action are you looking for, do you want a noodle rod, fast action or something inbetween ?

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:46 pm

Something in between, a noodle rod is hard to cast but I don't want to fast of an action since it is for Crappie.

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:22 pm

Well I have the Teton Light, Ultralight, and the Super Ultralight models, the TTC-662L model is nice has a Medium fast action but might be a little stiff for your setup but I don’t fish slip bobbers so I’m not positive the TTC622UL is borderline noodle but I do like it for light crankbaits and jigs weighing around 2g total but the SUL model is a total noodle and I wouldn’t recommend it for your needs. I hope I helped some and I wish I could help more but like said I don’t cast that setup.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:50 pm

While I don't fish bobber rigs I wouldn't hesitate about throwing one on my 662L Teton. It won't quite load with 1/32 jig head and 1 inch plastic but the addition of even a small bobber should be more than enough.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:31 pm

I use the 662L with 1/8th oz for bobber fishing and it is great! Only wish it was 2' longer.
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish