Snaps for UL fishing

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Snaps for UL fishing

Post by Craigthor » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:05 pm

Houndfish wrote:
Craigthor wrote:
Fingernails or I have used my Hemos on really cold days where the fingers don’t work as well as I want.
I think I just need better hemostats then, mine are all crappy ones I picked up at various fleamarkets. I use my BFS gear for stocked trout a few times a year and they seem incredibly lure-sensitive and snaps would be a huge help in figuring out what they are biting on any given day.
I use Dr Slicks Spring Creek Curved, grabbed them from Chris at https://www.finesse-fishing.com/clamps-and-nippers.html they are a bit stiff out of the package.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:07 pm

Craigthor wrote: I use Dr Slicks Spring Creek Curved, grabbed them from Chris at https://www.finesse-fishing.com/clamps-and-nippers.html they are a bit stiff out of the package.
That is the most reasonably priced fly fishing accessory I have never seen, thanks for the head's up!

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:19 pm

I’ll give some thoughts in a couple weeks as I ordered some Cultiva P-20 size 000 Welded Snaps to try on the BFS setups, not sure I need the swivel with the BFS setup.

Creekin
Angler
Angler

Post by Creekin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:11 am

I have been making my own with VMC Duolock snaps and Spro Power swivels. I'm tired of buying the Eagle Claw or whatever knock off swivel/snaps and having them pull apart. By choosing my own barrel swivels, the quality improves a lot. Just have to undo both sides of the Duolock snap, slide the barrel swivel on and close them up.