Anyone use the Daiwa Presso Travel UL 4 Piece Rods?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Anyone use the Daiwa Presso Travel UL 4 Piece Rods?

Post by ultralight » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:54 pm

I flexed some at a local store and was impressed by the power to weight ratio.

The 7 footer weighs under 3.1 ounce though it feels quite tip heavy. The blank is stiffer than I'd have thought for a sub $80 rod. Looking at the guides, it seems that I can lighten the tip heavy feel quite a bit by replacing the large steel guides with feather weight guides such as Recoils or titanium Torzites (yes, I know, the guides will cost more than the rod.) and built lightly.

Wondering if any here have fished much with these travel Presso's using 2 lbs test. Part of it is to wonder if that's a good budget rod to recommend to those who want a travel UL rod. Are there better options for travel in this price range.

Thanks.

Popfly
Angler
Angler

Re: Anyone use the Daiwa Presso Travel UL 4 Piece Rods?

Post by Popfly » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:05 pm

Just above that price are the Major Craft CRX 4 Piece rods & I really like the one I got with the solid tip. About $100 give or take. Digitaka has them, Amazon.co.jp & Rakuten too. Nice fast action, I will try & post a couple pics & weigh it tomorrow.

ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Anyone use the Daiwa Presso Travel UL 4 Piece Rods?

Post by ultralight » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:13 pm

Thanks!