Tict M-Caro Ver II

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Rustyfisher1508
Angler
Angler

Tict M-Caro Ver II

Post by Rustyfisher1508 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:57 am

Tested out some Caro fishing yesterday. Setup used as follows:
Rod: Olympic Graphiteleader Corto 742-T
Reel: Daiwa Exist LT2500
Line: YGK Egimetal PE0.4
Lure: Tict M-Caro II L-6.3g with Cultiva Rockin Bait
Jighead: Tict Azing Standard 0.8g

A Caro is basically a suspending float like design, different ratings are used for different depths, L which suspends slighy below top water, N which is neutral, and S which sinks near bottom. Using ultralight tackle sometimes, light jigheads do work however sometimes we do it at the cost of distance. When the fishes are far out, tie on a Caro, Tict makes some of the best. Basically a Caro is set up like a float, hence the extra weight gives you massive casting distances, however with your leader to Caro, you can tie on jigheads as low as 0.4g, and the Caro will do the job for you in distance. Same slow twitches no change to our ultralight fishing techniques. Caught some peacock basses yesterday on my trial run, winds were stong and the fishes were really far out. However, the Caro showed it's magic. Hope this info helps you guys on more ultralight techniques, and if anyone who reads needs advice on how to tie on a Caro, let me know, I'll take some photos to show you guys how to rig it up; always love to share and learn together!

vishus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tict M-Caro Ver II

Post by vishus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:23 pm

Nice!

I would love to see how you rig your CARO.

thx.sid

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tict M-Caro Ver II

Post by Craigthor » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Nice catches.