Tict UTR-68-TOR The Answer

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Rustyfisher1508
Angler
Angler

Tict UTR-68-TOR The Answer

Post by Rustyfisher1508 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:26 am

The Answer. This rod is the answer to ultralight fishing. A few months ago, I laid my eyes on this beauty, you'd feel the aura coming from it. The gold trims, the red gleam of its name, the aesthetics alone were enough. Once I picked it up, this rod literally gave me the shivers. Weighing at 55g or 1.94oz, this rod is insanely light, but the balance, ohh the sweet balance of this rod. It could be me, but I could feel the weight slowly shifting just enough for you to easily bring it up and down, as if the rod was guiding your hand along to twitch it. With an ultra fine solid tip(0.65mm), this rod's gonna feel every little pebble, rock, sniff of a fish, if it's there, you're gonna feel it. Casts jigheads from 0.2g to 3g, feeling the load of the rod, it'll do it easily!! Finally saved up to get it today, it retails at about $600 from where I'm from but it costs about 437 USD excluding shipping on Digitaka. The Answer won't come cheap, but it'll definitely give you the answers, for ultralight fishing, and damn every fish is gonna give you one heck of a fight on this beast!
Will be testing it out this weekend, but this rod has nothing but amazing reviews from anyone who's used it, I've asked most people in my country's fishing community, they all have one thing to say about, it is the answer. Well worthy of its name, simply a beaut of a rod, pure class.

Currently pairing it with a Shimano Soare C2000SSPG with a Tict CBS Spool S22, mama mia it's perfect :D

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tict UTR-68-TOR The Answer

Post by hungry_cow » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:37 am

Would you say its more an UL or an XUL? The ratings seem to go into the XUL range, looking for the ultimate fun factor bluegill rod mostly casting 1/32 oz jigs catching 5-7 inch bluegill with occasional perch and crappie mixed in.

Rustyfisher1508
Angler
Angler

Post by Rustyfisher1508 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:54 am

I would say XUL. However, most of these higher end JDM rods were made to serve a certain purpose which cannot be measured in terms of UL/XUL just a heads up. Ajing rods are usually quite stiff, and are mostly extra fast rated, as fishing for these really small saltwater fishes, you've got to feel every change of resistance and to differentiate a bite from the current or rocks when we bounce the jigheads. I am not really sure how a blue hill or crappie fights as I'm from Singapore so we don't get those fishes here due to our climate :cry: however I do use some of my ajing rods for catching peacock basses and they do work. However if you're fishing in areas with heavy cover and you need slightly more powerful butt, I would not recommend this rod. A rod I would recommend which has became one of my favourite rods would be the Tailwalk Salty Shaped Dash Aji 63/SL, don't be fooled by the length this rod can cast really light jigheads pretty darn far due to it being slightly stiffer! But I've caught and saw friends who've caught peacock bass up to 3lbs on a 2lb line, this rod can do it if you drag the fight a little! It is pretty light too and boy the fights on that rod were some of the most memorable ones I've had. It's waayyyyy cheaper than The Answer as well!

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:20 pm

Rustyfisher1508 wrote:The Answer.

Currently pairing it with a Shimano Soare C2000SSPG with a Tict CBS Spool S22, mama mia it's perfect :D

Well done Rusty, Awsome setup! Anyone who puts quality fishing tackle above the need for a bedframe is my kind of fisherman. You take a page out of my book. You might be makeing the other UL fisherman jealous..

ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ultralight » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:20 pm

Following. :)

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:05 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:

Well done Rusty, Awsome setup! Anyone who puts quality fishing tackle above the need for a bedframe is my kind of fisherman. You take a page out of my book. You might be makeing the other UL fisherman jealous..
Lol, I thought exactly the same thing. If I wasn't married, I'd have a one bedroom apartment full of JDM fishing stuff instead of furniture. Hell, I'd get by with an air mattress and a lawn chair, buddy. :laugh1:
This is the way.

Rustyfisher1508
Angler
Angler

Post by Rustyfisher1508 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:03 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:

HAHA you caught me there haha! Just a temporary house I'm at now, but well I'll definitely put fishing tackle over a bedframe HAHA! I mean if it's comfortable I'd sleep on it :lol: thanks for checking my post out btw!

Rustyfisher1508
Angler
Angler

Post by Rustyfisher1508 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:06 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:

Lol, I thought exactly the same thing. If I wasn't married, I'd have a one bedroom apartment full of JDM fishing stuff instead of furniture. Hell, I'd get by with an air mattress and a lawn chair, buddy. :laugh1:
Haha same here for sure! My girlfriend loves fishing too, she uses a daiwa luvias 1003, managed to find some Livre Sakura Limited handles and balancers to pink it out for her, while her rod's the Tailwalk Salty Shaped Dash Aji! I suspect we're gonna have a room full of JDM tackle in the future cause she's so into it as well, goodbye money :lol:

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:00 pm

Congrats on new rod. I’ve been a fan of Tict Rods for a while......owning the Finesse Sis and the Rockin’ Drift. I also purchased a Rockin’ Drift for my nephew. They make a great rod. With the Rockin’ Drift I landed 2 freshwater drum that were over 20 pounds and one maybe 30 pounds. While the Drift may look fragile it is not....and I suspect the Answer is same way....at least in using it to land larger fish. Tict used to list graphite content of their rods but quit doing it....not sure why. But their high end rods were like 99.4 percent graphite. Right now I’m focused on acquiring the Finezza Prototype......but would like to eventually pick up a SRAM EXR model.

Regards

ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ultralight » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:25 pm

A bit OT - hope OP is OK with that.

Alphahawk, what does the Finezza Prototype run, and in what length?

Thanks.

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:40 pm

ultralight wrote:A bit OT - hope OP is OK with that.

Thanks.
MSRP on their site is about 44-46,000 yen

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:38 am

ultralight wrote:A bit OT - hope OP is OK with that.

Thanks.
Found it for $371 plus shipping at Global Rakuten.

Regards

Rustyfisher1508
Angler
Angler

Post by Rustyfisher1508 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:46 am

Alphahawk wrote:Congrats on new rod. I’ve been a fan of Tict Rods for a while......owning the Finesse Sis and the Rockin’ Drift. I also purchased a Rockin’ Drift for my nephew. They make a great rod. With the Rockin’ Drift I landed 2 freshwater drum that were over 20 pounds and one maybe 30 pounds. While the Drift may look fragile it is not....and I suspect the Answer is same way....at least in using it to land larger fish. Tict used to list graphite content of their rods but quit doing it....not sure why. But their high end rods were like 99.4 percent graphite. Right now I’m focused on acquiring the Finezza Prototype......but would like to eventually pick up a SRAM EXR model.

Regards
Thanks Randy! I wanted to get an ice cube as well, but where I'm at its not feasible as in Singapore, it's pretty hard to catch fishes as we have no licenses and there's no bag limit, our reservoirs only allow rubber lures, unless you don't get caught. You'll see many people bringing back fishes such as peacock basses and giant snakeheads, just for the fun of it. It's pretty sad here, that's why I only catch and release, I can't eat a fish I caught, I find it very weird haha!
But yeah the finezza is an awesome rod, you can check out graphiteleader's Silverado as well, pretty decent rod! I've watched your videos and I see you're interested in an evergreen. From the reviews I've heard, if you've got an Olympic, it's not advisable to get an evergreen as it snaps at their solid tips easily especially the salty sensations. But that's just what I've heard and just wanted to share! Thank you once again, it's an honour to hear from you Randy!

Allsorts
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Allsorts » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:42 pm

Evergreen Salty Sensation is equivalent to mid-range Graphiteleader. Having used a high-endish GL, I certainly wouldn't buy another Evergreen SS. Not aware of a breakage issue, AFAIK, Graphiteleader makes the SS for Evergreen.

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:40 am

Allsorts wrote:Evergreen Salty Sensation is equivalent to mid-range Graphiteleader. Having used a high-endish GL, I certainly wouldn't buy another Evergreen SS. Not aware of a breakage issue, AFAIK, Graphiteleader makes the SS for Evergreen.
Without taking the this post off topic, any insight into other Graphiteleader Rods? I’ve got the ‘18 Coto and the Nuovo Prototype on the way hopefully be here next week to compare.