Aldebaran BFS XG vs. Daiwa SV Light LTD

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Aldebaran BFS XG vs. Daiwa SV Light LTD

Post by jmb27 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:01 am

I need some help deciding on a new BFS reel. I have an Aldebaran BFS XG and was wondering how it compares to a Daiwa SV Light LTD. Anyone fish with both? Or, do you have a reel that you like better? I would be primarily fishing w/ 1/8 oz. baits and down to 1/16 on occasion. I don't think that I'd be fishing lower than 1/16 and anything over 1/4 oz. I'm probably using a different reel/rod setup.

I have (another) BFS rod on the way (Evergreen Stingray 66) and I'm wondering what reel to pair it with. To complicate things, I could put the Alde on it and find a reel to match w/the MB X7 Super Criffhanger that I'm currently using the Alde w/.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Aldebaran BFS XG vs. Daiwa SV Light LTD

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:49 am

The Aldebaran BFS will do better with below 1/8oz. 1/8oz and above, SV Light is really nice. It can handle below 1/8oz too but, the Aldebaran will be a better choice at 1/16oz. The SV light is a really versatile reel. Only limit is line capacity for heavier stuff.

Other reels like the Alphas AIR and such will work as well but, on something like a Criffhanger, the SV Light seems like the best choice.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing